"The more functionality we put in, the more it will become an issue for us; it is challenging to get Akamai working well in a test environment because it is, by its nature, an Internet entity," Tate says.
In the end, the decision will be based on value and the ability to service customers.
- Minimise capital expenses for short- and long-term infrastructure investments.
- Improve performance -- best possible performance for customers regardless of location.
- Ensure uptime -- the solution must be able to deliver the site without fail.
- Akamai Web Application Accelerator
- Akamai Media Delivery
- Site failover
- Content targeting
- Amadeus transaction processing
Follow CIO Australia on Twitter: @CIO_Australia