6. What strengths and qualities do you look for in job candidates?
It's all about the attitude and the will to succeed in the job. We also look for an entrepreneurial mindset that
can handle pressure and must be able to multitask. These are all key attributes I look for in a potential new
7. What are some of your favorite interview questions or techniques to elicit information to determine whether a
candidate will be successful at your company? What sort of answers send up red flags for you and make you think a
job candidate wouldn't be a good fit?
I like to understand how they handle pressure and if they can multitask. I also like to understand specific work
crisis situations they were in and how they handled those, both professionally and personally.
We have also used personality profile testing in the past that has been incredibly reliable in predicting their
8. What is it about your current job, at this particular company, that sets it apart from other chief finance
CHR Solutions was created from scratch based on a foundation of great ideas from James Taylor and Arun Pasrija
back in 2004. Since then, we have transacted 11 mergers and created two overseas subsidiaries during our growth to
$60 million in revenue. This hyper-growth without outside equity sets this experience apart from most.
9. What do you do to unwind from a hectic day?
My sons play high school baseball and taking in one of their games or playing pitch-and-catch with them is my
10. If you weren't doing this job, what would you be doing?
I would be working with entrepreneurial and equity groups looking for the next big deal.