Better still, the site ranks each contact method's effectiveness, based on user data. For example, when I checked Facebook's listing, it had about half a dozen contact options, from phone to email to chat. The site also lists the best way to reach a company (for Facebook, it's email). You'll find average wait times and user forums, too. GetHuman is also available as an app for Android and iOS.
It's worth noting that companies are starting to offer their own callback services. For instance, Google's Play Store has a "Click 2 Call" option for some product categories: Fill out your name, phone number, and a brief description of the issue and the product it involves, and an agent will call you back.
Tips for Resolving Support Issues
Ready for that call? Here's how to resolve issues efficiently:
- Research your problem thoroughly first. Try googling the issue, or search the company's customer forum.
- Collect all information and documentation, including email, call records, and invoices.
- Take careful notes of all conversations. Ask for the agent's name and contact information, and find out if you can contact the agent directly.
- Explain the problem, and spell out the exact resolution you want. Stick to the relevant details.
- Finally, a reminder about honey, flies, and customer service: Even if you are apoplectic with righteous outrage, take a deep breath, and avoid taking your frustrations out on the agent. A direct but consistently polite demeanor is best.