About reader comments on the IDG Enterprise Network
Why does this happen? You're reading a story on this site. When you go to post a comment,
the comment-entry box informs you that you're posting to a different IT publication site.
IDG Enterprise publications, including CIO, CITEworld Computerworld, CSOonline, InfoWorld, ITworld, JavaWorld and Network World
maintain a shared comment network. Because the publications share some of their best articles with each other, we share the story comments too.
Reader comments you post to a story at one site also appear on the same story published at other IDG Enterprise sites. Similarly, comments you
read on an article at one site may have been initially posted on another IDG Enterprise site. Wherever a given story appears on the IDG Enterprise
network, all readers read and write to the same comment thread.
We think this makes for a more lively discussion with a richer set of perspectives.
The IDG Enterprise network of IT web sites that are (or will be) participating in the comment network include CIO, CITEworld, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, ITworld, JavaWorld and Network World.
Thank you for participating in our online discussion! For the enjoyment of all parties, please abide by our community's rules. We do not allow any of the following:
- Personal attacks, insults, harassment, or threatening, offensive, or abusive language.
- Obscene, pornographic, or sexually explicit comments.
- Potentially libelous comments.
- Hateful or mean-spirited comments.
- Plagiarized material or material that violates intellectual property rights, including copyright and trademark.
- Private or personal information published without consent.
- Commercial promotions or spam.
- Comments that are off topic or that link to material that is off topic.
- Comments that violate any law.
Submit feedback, questions, complaints or suggestions to: firstname.lastname@example.org.
We reserve the right to change these guidelines at any time with no notice.