- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
1 year 10 weeks ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
1 year 12 weeks ago
1 year 13 weeks ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
1 year 16 weeks ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
1 year 19 weeks ago
- Every company has a strategy for developing new employees. Microsoft wants its college hires to become leaders from day one.
1 year 23 weeks ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
1 year 25 weeks ago
1 year 25 weeks ago
- pasmith wrote Digital Storm bringing $1,469+ Steam Machine to CES, Valve sending beta units out on FridayWe've already learned about iBuyPower's reasonably priced $500 Steam Machine. Digital Storm is heading in the other direction, aiming for the "Best" Steam Machine tier.
23 hours 14 min ago
- You now (or soon will) have ten new ways to use your Chromecast, though most of them are fairly niche.
1 day 22 hours ago
- Just in case you haven't heard, there's a bogus post going around promising a way to enable backwards compatibility on your Xbox One.
2 days 22 hours ago
- If you miss the days when newspapers came to an end but don't want to go back to ink-smeared fingers, the Times may have an answer for you.
6 days 19 hours ago
- Does the world need one more music streaming service? The Beats people seem to think so. May as well not fight it: register your username today!
1 week 22 hours ago
- Game optimizations tweaked, Windows 7 recording limitations removed, and some new audio options added. But still no Twitch support.
1 week 1 day ago
- Until sales aren't constrained by limited stock, we shouldn't read much into estimated sales figures for the new next gen consoles. The important take-away is that both seem to be selling well.
1 week 2 days ago
- I upgraded my Fitbit Ultra activity tracker with the new Fitbit Force. Here's the verdict.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- I've been skeptical of this Steam Machine idea, but iBuyPower's $500 box has, at the very least, a decent graphics card inside.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- I've only had the Xbox One for 3 days but it's already become part of our routine.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- We've got one last week of pre-Xbox One news to catch up on, and a few after-launch news tidbits for the PS4.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- If you prefer digital to physical media, the PS4's 500 GB drive is going to fill up in no time. I swapped mine out for a 1.5 TB drive. Here's a step-by-step how-to guide.
3 weeks 21 hours ago
- Moga's been making controllers for Android devices for a while; now it supports iPhone and iPod Touch with its most expensive controller yet.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- New software upgrade also available for second generation Kindle HD.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Sony's Playstation 4 launched last night at midnight and so far things have been pretty smooth, with one exception.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- One last wrap-up of PS4 pre-launch news!
3 weeks 6 days ago
- A day early and a console short. There's so much next gen console news this week I had to split it into two posts!
4 weeks 16 hours ago
- Once again we catch up on streaming news for various services and devices.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Green Throttle made a big splash based on its Guitar Hero pedigree but it seems it couldn't crack the Android gaming nut.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- I can almost smell that new electronics smell, can't you?
4 weeks 6 days ago
- I wasn't that excited by Apple's October iPad event but apparently plenty of people were. Also, now's the time to get rid of that old 1st generation iPad you have kicking around!
5 weeks 1 day ago
- A lucky few were invited to Valve HQ to get some hands-on time with the 'PC game console" Steam Machine reference design.
5 weeks 2 days ago
- It's launch month! Let's catch up on the next-gen gaming console news from this week.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Sony let some cats out of some bags when they posted an exhaustive PS4 FAQ yesterday. Most of the good stuff we already knew, so it was the bad stuff that caught my attention.
6 weeks 22 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Amazon launches MatchBook service: discounted Kindle versions of print books you've purchasedCheap Kindle versions of (some) of the books you've already purchased in print form from Amazon
6 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 19