- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
1 year 22 weeks ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
1 year 24 weeks ago
1 year 25 weeks ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
1 year 28 weeks ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
1 year 31 weeks ago
- Every company has a strategy for developing new employees. Microsoft wants its college hires to become leaders from day one.
1 year 35 weeks ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
1 year 38 weeks ago
1 year 38 weeks ago
- pasmith wrote Not a TitanFall fan? Microsoft's launching a new bundle for you: Xbox One with Forza 5Microsoft really wants you to buy an Xbox One instead of a PS4. If their TitanFall bundle does't entice you, how about a bundle that includes Forza 5 at no extra cost?
2 days 16 hours ago
- Will CloudLift and OnLive Go help the company turn around? Are gamers finally ready to embrace a streaming game service?
3 days 16 hours ago
- Also the return of music videos, Project Spark hits beta and the PS4 has sold over 6 million units in 4 months.
4 days 13 hours ago
- Once again a job listing seems to have spilled the beans on a new initiative. How'd you like to work on your Gamescore from your iPhone?
5 days 15 hours ago
- And if you can't, or don't want to, stream the show you can still go backstage via second screen app.
1 week 2 days ago
- March 11th is going to be a huge day for Microsoft and the Xbox One.
1 week 4 days ago
- Microsoft hopes to goose sales of the Xbox One by sweetening the deal and cutting prices less than 4 months after launch. But what about the early adopters who paid full price?
1 week 5 days ago
- There are times when pressing a button just works better than a voice command.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- Think you could get better coverage by switching to another phone service? Glove says it can help you decide.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Also, Bioshock Infinite developer Irrational Games is shutting down!
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Rock Band devs want you to feel the beat while fragging your pals. Also some TitanFall footage and brief thoughts on The Last of Us DLC Left Behind.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- We've got a free weekend of Xbox Live gold, the TitanFall beta starting up, and new content for The Last of Us arriving. Forget the snow and slush, let's play some games!
3 weeks 2 days ago
- It's still a set-top box (not a replacement television set) and it's coming sometime this year, if reports are true.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- Depending on your old gear, hooking it up might require some creative cable routing. Also new Xbox One headsets coming from Turtle Beach, Polk Audio and Microsoft.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- pasmith wrote B&N lets go of some Nook engineers; Microsoft hiring developer to work on Xbox Reading app?Initial reports said all Nook engineers let go, but B&N issued a vague correction. I also contemplate reading comics on the big-screen via the Xbox One. That'd be weird, right?
3 weeks 5 days ago
- pasmith wrote Sony exiting the PC business, sending Sony Reader customers to Kobo, cutting 5,000 jobsDespite the success of the PS4, Sony continues to struggle. It's annual forecast is now for a $1.1 billion loss.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- pasmith wrote Patch time for next-gen consoles. Playstation 4 and Xbox One both getting updates this monthThe PS4 was updated earlier this week and the Xbox One gets its turn next week. Here's what's new.
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Also, Netflix Original House of Cards has been renewed for a third season.
4 weeks 4 days ago
- Finally you'll be able to play music in the background while enjoying your favorite PC game. (That's sarcasm, folks.)
4 weeks 5 days ago
- It's early in beta and the system still has some issues, but overall it works pretty well.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- Nintendo has been having a tough week, but the company says it has a plan to turn things around
5 weeks 3 days ago
- A news story making the rounds suggests Amazon will be introducing a "less than $300" set-top box to play Android games on. That's crazy. Here's what they might be working on.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Moody's Investors Service has downgraded Sony to junk status just before the company announces quarterly earnings.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- Beats Music has had to temporarily stop accepting new customers while it works out a few kinks.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- The iOS version of Pocket now lets you fling saved videos to your TV via Airplay and Apple TV.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 20