- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
1 year 28 weeks ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
1 year 31 weeks ago
1 year 31 weeks ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
1 year 35 weeks ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
1 year 38 weeks ago
- Every company has a strategy for developing new employees. Microsoft wants its college hires to become leaders from day one.
1 year 42 weeks ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
1 year 44 weeks ago
1 year 44 weeks ago
- I've long called for HBO to make its content available to stream for people with no cable subscription. Finally we're making some progress!
19 hours 9 min ago
- Last week we heard that Amazon would be announcing a phone with a 3D interface. This week we learn that you'll control it by tilting it. And that's weird.
1 day 16 hours ago
- Net income is up, yet the company says it needs to raise subscription fees.
2 days 16 hours ago
- Also Spiderman may be avoiding the Xbox One, and Playstation Now is coming to Bravia TVs
6 days 17 hours ago
- Streaming your games for others to watch on Twitch is a big fad these days, but it looks like the company is taking the first tentative steps towards branching into other areas.
1 week 11 hours ago
- Did you think the 3D craze had run its course? Me too. Apparently Amazon didn't get the memo.
1 week 1 day ago
- Numbers show that paid peering arrangements result in measurable increases in service quality.
1 week 2 days ago
- If you have a few (thousand) coins left to rub together after paying taxes, maybe you want to spend them on the Google Glass Explorer program
1 week 6 days ago
- If you use Dropbox to automatically back up your photos and videos, now you have a great (and free!) way to browse and share that media.
2 weeks 14 hours ago
- Game of Thrones is here but you need a cable sub to access it legitimately. But if your kids are Seasme Street fans, that you can get for a flat monthly fee without involving a cable company.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Also word on original TV shows for the Xbox platform, and if you're ready to buy, Target has a deal for you.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- As expected, Amazon has launched its own streaming box to compete with the likes of Apple TV and Roku. Here's what sets it apart from the competition.
3 weeks 18 hours ago
- When it comes to watching TV, one of the Xbox One's biggest flaws is it's inability to access content on your DVR. A new version of Smartglass aims to address that, at least to some extent.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Since last summer there's been a lot of churn in the Xbox Division at Microsoft. Hopefully that's behind them and the company can focus on bringing great games to the Xbox One.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- The media has been invited to an Amazon event to talk about their video business. Rumors suggest we'll see a streaming box and a new ad-supported service.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Xbox Live is infamous for being a toxic environment thanks to a small percentage of gamers who don't know how to behave. Microsoft thinks it has a way to fix the system.
4 weeks 16 hours ago
- Also announced: Pascal family of GPUs and a $3000 graphics card.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- One of the Ouya micro-consoles's selling points has been that you can sample every game for free. That requirement is going away soon. Good news for developers, perhaps not as good for customers.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- We already talked about Sony's Project Morpheus yesterday, but there's more VR news coming out of GDC this week.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- Sony went to the annual GDC to show off its in-development VR visor, as well as talk about new middleware for developers and upcoming patches for the PS4.
5 weeks 12 hours ago
- Wearables are all the rage and Google wants to be a part of this new trend of putting chunky, ugly devices on your arm.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Gathering up some potentially conflicting rumors about Amazon's set-top box plans.
5 weeks 2 days ago
- I'm taking an informal poll. Who is giving up their Amazon Prime membership based on the pay raise? And just to be fair I'll tell you what I'm going to do, and why.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- The latest iteration of the Razer Blade gaming laptop includes 14" touchscreen with a 3200 x 1800 resolution. Wow!
6 weeks 18 hours ago
- Neil Young wants you to have a better digital music experience. Pono will retail for $400 but you can save by getting one in exchange for a $300 Kickstarter pledge.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 22