- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
33 weeks 9 hours ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
35 weeks 1 day ago
36 weeks 9 hours ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
39 weeks 3 days ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
42 weeks 3 days ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
48 weeks 6 days ago
49 weeks 7 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Farewell Xbox 720, hello Xbox One. Microsoft reveals its next gen home entertainment consoleSome thoughts about the presentation and about questions not yet answered, such as how Xbox One will impact used game sales and what the truth is about the rumored 'always connected' requirement.
1 day 6 hours ago
- Today's the day Microsoft wows us (I hope) with it's next generation Xbox. So how does Sony combat that? With an ineffectual teaser that comes across as just sad...
2 days 6 hours ago
- Ouya gets $15 million in funding, delays launch and improves their controller. Meanwhile Gamepop offers a subscription-based Android gaming solution for your TV. But many questions remain.
1 week 6 days ago
I've been really pleased with mine, and I don't think it's just me... I haven't seen a negative review of the Roku 3. It's possible I've just missed them but all the sites I read seemed to like it as well. Do keep in mind the Roku 3 only has HDMI out. Some of the other models offer more options in case you want to use component ports or something.And I finally get around to mentioning the Time Warner Cable Roku Channel, too.
1 week 6 days ago
- And I finally get around to mentioning the Time Warner Cable Roku Channel, too.
2 weeks 5 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Xbox 720 headed to Gamescom, new Wolfenstein to next gen consoles, but no Battlefield 4 for Wii UYesterday we got word of another confirmed next gen title launching in Q4 of this year. Plus good and bad news for Wii U owners, and Sony gets even more indie-friendly.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- pasmith commented on Xbox 720 always-connected rumor debunked, PS4 share button nerfed, and Wii U to get mobile apps?
I take it you're not a fan of Twitch.tv then? LOLA trifecta of gaming news shorts today, with the most important being about the much-rumored "always connected" aspect of the next Xbox. Never fear, you'll be able to play single player games without being online.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- pasmith wrote Xbox 720 always-connected rumor debunked, PS4 share button nerfed, and Wii U to get mobile apps?A trifecta of gaming news shorts today, with the most important being about the much-rumored "always connected" aspect of the next Xbox. Never fear, you'll be able to play single player games without being online.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- If you've left the Wii Fit fad behind but still have the hardware, here's a way to put the Balance Board to use that doesn't involve the Wii or a television.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- We now know at least one title that Microsoft will be showing off on May 21st. Also GameStop is opening their summer expo to the public and says the PS4 will be on display. Details on how to register inside.
3 weeks 6 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Hulu brags about a good year, Netflix fires back, and Nielsen gets ready to keep scoreYesterday Hulu shared good news about traffic and a few new shows. Netflix wasted no time responding with news of its next new show. Meanwhile Nielsen is finally taking baby steps towards tracking online viewing.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Microsoft research is working on a proof-of-concept system that uses a projector to extend video from a game or movie to the wall around your TV. Will this be the "Project Natal" of the Xbox 720 generation?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Sony loves their DualShock 4, Nintendo doesn't love press conferences, Xbox 720 rumor re-runs and Valve gets one step closer to a Steam Box.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft has invited the press to an Xbox event in May. Here comes Durango!
4 weeks 8 hours ago
- A pair of Kickstarter projects turn the kinetic energy you generate into a source for charging your smartphone, whether you get around by bike or on foot.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- Amazon is crowdsourcing the decision of which of fourteen original content pilots (six kid's shows, eight comedies) they'll move forward with. I spent Saturday afternoon checking out four of the comedies and here's what I thought.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Also, Ouya units are shipping...slowly, and the MOGA Pro Controller for Android is now available.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith commented on Analyst predicts dismal Wii U sales for March, but a system update is coming next week
But last month he predicted better sales than Nintendo actually had. I'm still waiting for the official NPD numbers, so I'm not saying you're wrong in general (he says some nutty things often enough). But if his methods worked last month, they could work this month too.Nintendo held one of their Nintendo Direct events yesterday. For the most part it was focused on the 3DS, but we did get some news about the Wii U.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Analyst predicts dismal Wii U sales for March, but a system update is coming next weekNintendo held one of their Nintendo Direct events yesterday. For the most part it was focused on the 3DS, but we did get some news about the Wii U.
5 weeks 7 hours ago
- A Sony exec offers hints around the PS4's launch price, and another completely anonymous (and perhaps completely fabricated) and crazy Xbox Durango rumor hits the web.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Today's post is a public service announcement for Comcast basic cable customers.
5 weeks 2 days ago
They could offer it, but it'd add to the cost of the console. The PS3 originally shipped with full PS2 backwards compatibility which is part of the reason it was so stupidly expensive when it launched. Since the architecture changed so much, they essentially built a box that has a PS3 AND a PS2 inside.Xbox 720 rumor week continues, it seems. This one has nothing to legitimize it, really. But it's still interesting enough to share.
5 weeks 4 days ago
Yup, so it's really more of a $149 convenience feature for current Xbox owners. That's assuming the combined new systems use just 1 HDMI port and a single controller. Of course even if you're low on HDMI ports on your tv, a switch box is a lot less than $149.Xbox 720 rumor week continues, it seems. This one has nothing to legitimize it, really. But it's still interesting enough to share.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Xbox 720 rumor week continues, it seems. This one has nothing to legitimize it, really. But it's still interesting enough to share.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Rumor: Xbox 720 has HDMI pass-thu, cable box integration features similar to Google TVA new leak talks about the next Xbox's media capabilities. Fair enough, but what surprises me is the positive reaction to stringing IR blasters across your entertainment center. Also, the new Kinect is going to be creepy.
6 weeks 8 hours ago
- 1 of 13