- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
1 year 46 weeks ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
1 year 48 weeks ago
1 year 49 weeks ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
2 years 3 days ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
2 years 3 weeks ago
- Every company has a strategy for developing new employees. Microsoft wants its college hires to become leaders from day one.
2 years 7 weeks ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
2 years 9 weeks ago
2 years 10 weeks ago
- Once again the gaming news is all about Microsoft as Sony continues to hunker down and enjoy their lead in the console race.
1 day 20 hours ago
- Basically it's a Galaxy Tab 4 with Nook software pre-installed. Pretty disappointing.
2 days 23 hours ago
- Microsoft also rolls out improvements to Xbox One Twitch integration
3 days 19 hours ago
- Also, how Tweet-shaming saved me from cutting the cord
4 days 18 hours ago
- If you already use YouTube on a tablet you'll feel right at home.
1 week 1 day ago
- Alienware brought its new $550 living room PC to NY to show it off to the press.
1 week 2 days ago
- Microsoft has a bundle of bundles to share, while Sony has a bunch of new games to announce.
1 week 3 days ago
- pasmith wrote Gamesom 2014 is this week; here's a livestream schedule to help you enjoy it from afarMicrosoft, Sony, EA and Konami are all livestreaming press events. Also, EA launches EA Access on the Xbox One!
1 week 4 days ago
- Here's why I hope they bring it to North America, too.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Also if you've been using copyrighted music, expect your archived content to get muted soon.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- Rumors say iPhone 6 will come in two sizes, both larger than iPhone 5s.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Microsoft is helping the NFL on the sidelines, helping XBox One and Windows 8 fans enjoy watching the games, and putting together a football lover's Xbox One bundle. Are you ready for some football? Microsoft sure is.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- You can now stream a limited selection of PS3 games to your PS4, assuming money is no object.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Also Sony doesn't think EA Access offers good value, and the Xbox One is getting a free-to-play MMO...in 2015
3 weeks 2 days ago
- $5/month or $30/month gets you discounts on new titles as well as access to a sub-set of EA's Xbox One back catalog.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- pasmith wrote Raptr takes on GeForce Experience; adds Game DVR feature for recording/streaming PC gameplayRaptr, which bills itself as the "leading online service for PC gamers," already had social features, time played tracking, and game optimization. Now you can use it to record or stream your games, too!
3 weeks 4 days ago
- pasmith wrote Sony puts together $15 million package to settle 2011 Playstation data breach lawsuitsIn happier news, next week your PS4 will be able to play 3D Blu-rays, and why that matters.
4 weeks 1 day ago
- The 2014 DOTA International's $10 million prize pool was enough to get me to tune in, but I needed more to convert me to a full time e-sport enthusiast.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- pasmith wrote Nvidia's Shield Tablet is now official, but do we need another high-end Android gaming device?Nividia ought to market this new device as a solid general purpose tablet that also happens to play games.
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Those Normal 3D printed earbuds we looked at a few weeks ago have some competition, and OwnPhones are wireless (and of course, more expensive).
4 weeks 4 days ago
- pasmith wrote Microsoft is shutting down Xbox Entertainment Studios, Sony proves it can't handle successSony promoted the heck out of the Destiny beta then couldn't handle the traffic it had created. Meanwhile Microsoft is giving up plans to develop original TV-style content.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Amazon leaked a $10/month ebook service and I'm seeing skepticism due to the fact that the 'big 5' publishers apparently aren't on-board. I'm not sure Amazon needs them. (Nor am I sure Amazon won't eventually get them.)
5 weeks 2 days ago
- A contact lens that ends the need for diabetics to test their glucose levels? It sounds like science fiction but it could be a commercial product in 5 years.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- When I was forced to switch from Verizon FiOS to Time Warner Cable I was annoyed, but these days I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Sure for some people a tablet is all that's needed to scratch that gaming itch, but the numbers show there's still a healthy market for dedicated gaming consoles.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 24