- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2012
Andrew Weiss is an Associate Consultant at Microsoft and recent graduate of Purdue University. As a new IT professional, he is poised for a wealth of new and exciting experiences with a vast range of clientele. His responsibilities include helping customers implement and devise effective technology solutions in order to obtain greater business value. Andrew holds a Bachelor of Science degree in Computer & Information Technology with a concentration in Network Engineering Technology. With knowledge in a multitude of different fields that include cloud computing, system administration, and IT project management, Andrew is ready to launch a successful career in information technology.
1 year 41 weeks ago
- What better way to spend a Saturday than learning PowerShell! This past weekend I had the opportunity to attend the Powershell Saturday event put on by the Charlotte Powershell Users Group.
1 year 43 weeks ago
1 year 44 weeks ago
- Let's face it. Technology is changing at a rate faster than we can handle. As IT professionals, we must maintain a certain level of technical proficiency in order to keep up. This is something that has been ingrained into my head since my first day at Microsoft just over a month ago.
1 year 48 weeks ago
- My career at Microsoft has just begun and what a ride it has been!
1 year 51 weeks ago
- Every company has a strategy for developing new employees. Microsoft wants its college hires to become leaders from day one.
2 years 2 weeks ago
- As an ambitious student trying to get that "dream job" out of college, I encountered some pretty daunting interview experiences.
2 years 5 weeks ago
2 years 5 weeks ago
- Those Normal 3D printed earbuds we looked at a few weeks ago have some competition, and OwnPhones are wireless (and of course, more expensive).
1 day 3 hours ago
- pasmith wrote Microsoft is shutting down Xbox Entertainment Studios, Sony proves it can't handle successSony promoted the heck out of the Destiny beta then couldn't handle the traffic it had created. Meanwhile Microsoft is giving up plans to develop original TV-style content.
5 days 4 hours ago
- Amazon leaked a $10/month ebook service and I'm seeing skepticism due to the fact that the 'big 5' publishers apparently aren't on-board. I'm not sure Amazon needs them. (Nor am I sure Amazon won't eventually get them.)
6 days 4 hours ago
- A contact lens that ends the need for diabetics to test their glucose levels? It sounds like science fiction but it could be a commercial product in 5 years.
1 week 3 hours ago
- When I was forced to switch from Verizon FiOS to Time Warner Cable I was annoyed, but these days I'm feeling like I dodged a bullet.
1 week 1 day ago
- Sure for some people a tablet is all that's needed to scratch that gaming itch, but the numbers show there's still a healthy market for dedicated gaming consoles.
1 week 5 days ago
- Why are 'Microsoft Spokespeople' always so indirect with their comments?
1 week 6 days ago
- You'll need an iOS or Android device to get your ears 'fitted' though.
2 weeks 4 hours ago
- It started (I'm assuming) as a joke but now there's $20,000 worth of potato salad on the line.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Earlier this week we learned that Google is buying playlist-oriented streaming music service Songza. As a Google Music subscriber I couldn't be happier.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Nvidia's Shield is a handheld Android gaming device. Now the company many be following it up with a tablet that comes with some kind of physical controller.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- The company continues to try new ways to build an audience.
3 weeks 4 hours ago
- Razer first showed Project Christine as a concept at CES 2014.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- One of the perks that comes with your annual $60 Xbox Live Gold subscription is access to Games With Gold and Deals With Gold, but the programs are a bit anemic on the Xbox One
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Google tries once more to take over your living room
3 weeks 6 days ago
- pasmith wrote Apple TV gets ABC News, PBS Kids and others; Chromecast gets Dailyburn, Stevie and more.It seems like the selection of content accessible via our streaming devices improves every week.
4 weeks 3 hours ago
- Also, the iOS Instant Video app gets an update that includes free, ad-supported content
4 weeks 1 day ago
- pasmith wrote E-sports and game streaming: Twitch kills it at E3, Xbox One gets Major League Gaming appVideo gaming as a spectator sport.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- It's not quite 3D but otherwise most of the rumors were accurate.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- Why would you want to do that? When we get tense it is reflected in our breathing. Spire tries to help us stay calm and focused.
5 weeks 4 hours ago
- The rumors sounded too weird to be true, but apparently they are. If you've been waiting for a phone that you control by tilting your head, tomorrow will be a good day for you.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- This isn't a service ready to be sold as a stand-alone, it's just a sweetener for Amazon Prime.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- When Valve delayed their Steam Controller it threw a monkey wrench into the expected holiday launch of "Steam Machines." Alienware is soldiering on regardless.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Nintendo didn't hold a traditional 'press event' but instead went with a pre-recorded digital event. And surprise! It was really good!
6 weeks 5 hours ago
- E3 starts today but as per usual, Microsoft and Sony held their big press conferences yesterday. Last year Sony had the stronger showing. Did they pull off a repeat this year?
6 weeks 20 hours ago
- 1 of 24