- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2011
Areas of Interest:
- 1. Select the Content Tool. 2. Click in the paragraph you want to indent. 3. Display the Paragraph Attributes tab of the Measurement Bar. 4. Enter indent values in the Left Indent and Right Indent fields. Look for the little pictograms like Word uses to show left/right align. 5. Hit Enter.
4 days 10 hours ago
- AppDevGuy answers Re: What’s the difference between a programming language and a scripting language?There is not as much of a distinction as there used to be between the two. Scripting is essentially a type of programming language, without the requirement that the developer go through an explicit compiling step. One pithy way I've heard it described is, “Scripting languages are for getting things done fast.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- One of my friends uses an old PC as a dedicated music center. He has thousands and thousands of songs on it, and outputs to a nice receiver and speakers. When people are over, everyone just takes turns picking 5 songs and adds them to the shuffled list.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- It isn’t quite as bad as you make it sound. But it is simple to opt out. Just follow the link and uncheck the box. https://plus.google.com/settings/endorsements?hl=en
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Like a reed in the wind (or a hero in a kung fu movie) perhaps it can bend, and not break. This could be very nice on devices that tend to get dropped occasionally...such as the ones I own. Other than that, perhaps it could be useful in wearable devices such as smart watches.
8 weeks 6 days ago
- It’s not exactly the same model, but perhaps this thread can be helpful to you. http://www.tomshardware.com/answers/id-1686024/radeon-7850-crossfire-que...
9 weeks 6 days ago
- What’s the best way to find unnecessary duplicate files in Mac Lion?
14 weeks 6 days ago
- Is there a good source that lists whether various HTML5 functions are compatible with different browsers? For example, drag and drop will work with Safari 6.0 but is not compatible with iOS Safari 6.0. Thanks.
16 weeks 3 hours ago
- I think its going to be pretty hard to find a decent starting position that allows you to work from home, especially without relevant work experience. I'm in the US, so I am not really familiar with the general attitude of businesses in the UK when it comes to telecommuting.
29 weeks 10 hours ago
- I agree that kilobolt would be a great resource for you. They provide a comprehensive, step by step tutorial. Depending on how basic your understanding of java, there are a couple tutorial options. http://www.kilobolt.com/game-development-tutorial.html
30 weeks 10 hours ago
- In addition to what Christopher said, I would add that you are going to have to pay a $99 license fee for each BB device on BES10.
41 weeks 3 days ago
- That's pretty difficult to answer. One thing that comes to mind though is where you got your product key. If you (or someone) didn't pay for it, and just got the key off the internet, there is a good chance it is invalid.
1 year 1 week ago
- First off, allocate expenditures intelligently. Spend less money on ineffective advertising, and more on IT, especially if you are counting on an IT project the way the campaign said it was. Secondly, don't talk about how much more awesome you are than the competition at something when you are not.
1 year 3 weeks ago
- I ran into an issue that I've never had before when designing a website for a client that happened to be colorblind. When I showed him the prototype, he couldn't read a significant portion of the text that looked perfectly legible to me.
1 year 9 weeks ago
- AppDevGuy asks Is RIM's $10,000 developer commitment enough incentive for you to consider app development for the BB10 platform?Basically, if you develop an unique app for BB10, and there are at least 100 unique downloads, RIM says they will pay you "the difference between your earnings and $10,000" for your trouble. What do you think, is that enough of an incentive to give it a go?
1 year 12 weeks ago
- It really depends on what you need to do with it. We use Drupal, as do many other companies, but until you are familiar with it, Drupal can be complex to work with at times. On the other hand, it can do pretty much anything you need to do. MIT and Sony Music use Drupal, to give you an idea.
1 year 13 weeks ago
- You need to have a score from 0.0 through 3.9 to be compliant. From the PCI Security Standards Council: “To demonstrate compliance, a scan must not contain highlevel vulnerabilities in any
1 year 14 weeks ago
- AppDevGuy asks Will the addition of Postini security features be enough for your company to consider using Gmail?Google added Postini's security and compliance features to Gmail. Compliance is where Gmail had fallen short for my company so we have never seriously considered using it, and this seems to have addressed that concern.
1 year 16 weeks ago
1 year 19 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.