Tint2 is a Windows-like taskbar that you can add to Ubuntu 14.04. Here's how you can install it.
1. Open a terminal window.
2. Type in the following command then hit Enter.
sudo apt-get install tint2
3. Click the Search icon on the Unity panel.
4. Type in "startup applications" (without the quotes) then hit enter.
5. Click the Add button on the Startup Applications Preferences menu.
6. Fill in the Add Startup Program menu and be sure to use tint2 for the command field.
7. Now log out and log back in and you should see the Tint2 taskbar at the bottom of your Ubuntu 14.04 desktop.
Tint2 can be quite useful if you are used to having some kind of panel or taskbar on your desktop. It has a classic desktop appeal to it that the Unity panel itself doesn't really offer.
According to How To Geek:
If you’ve switched to Ubuntu from Windows, it may take some time to get used to the new and different interface. However, you can easily incorporate a familiar Windows feature, the Taskbar, into Ubuntu to make the transition easier.
A tool called Tint2 provides a bar at the bottom of the Ubuntu Desktop that resembles the Windows Taskbar. We will show you how to install it and make it start every time you log into Ubuntu.More at How To Geek
Additional Ubuntu resources