Here's how you can control which apps are allowed to access Location Services in OS X Mavericks. This is a good way to protect your privacy by removing apps that you don't want to be able to access Location Services.
1. Open System Preferences.
2. Go to Security & Privacy.
3. Click on the Privacy tab.
4. Click on Location Services on the left side of the Privacy menu.
5. You'll see a menu on the right that shows whether or not Location Services is enabled, and which applications have access to it.
6. To make changes, click the Lock and type in your password.
7. Uncheck the checkbox next to any applications that you don't want to have access to Location Services.
Location Services can be quite useful, but it makes sense to keep an eye on which applications are given access to it. Eliminate any apps that you don't trust with your location.