Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3.0 is a free utility that lets you customize your Windows 8 and Windows 8.1 systems. Here's how you can get it for your Windows computer.
1. Go to the Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3.0 page.
2. Scroll down and click the Download Ultimate Windows Tweaker button.
Here's a list of some of the features:
1. Easy to use simple user interface
2. Tool tips offer you guidance as to what the tweak does.
3. Offers accessible buttons to create a system restore point and restore default values
4. Tiny tool, super lightweight at just around 340 KB
5. Power-packed with 170+ meaningful tweaks
6. Portable tweaker. Does not require to be installed. To uninstall it simply delete its program folder
7. Does not contain any adware, nor does it push crapware; and we promise not to, ever!Customization
Under this category you will be able to tweaks settings of your Taskbar, Thumbnails, File Explorer and the Modern or Metro UI. Some additional tweaks are also offered in a separate tab. Under the Modern UI tab, you will see some cool animation tweaks too.User Accounts
Under the User Accounts tab, you will be able to change your User Account settings, Logon information and sign in options. You can also change the User Account Control settings here.Performance tweaks
The Performance tab offers tweaks to optimize Windows 8.1 to best suit your requirements. While most of these settings are best left at their default values, this panel gives you quick access to change them, should you wish to. Just make sure that you know, what you are doing, and don’ t tweak for the sake of tweaking.Security tweaks
Harden your Windows 8.1 by changing some settings. If you want to restrict access to some Control Panel applets or to some Windows feature, these tweaks will allow you to do so easily.Internet Explorer tweaks
Tweak your Internet Explorer 10 or Internet Explorer 11 when you open this section. Tweak IE’s appearance and behavior. There are really nice tweaks here that will allow you to control the behavior of Internet Explorer.Additional system tweaks
Under this category, you will see some additional system and Network tweaks. You can also set UWT to behave the way you want it too. By default, when you apply a tweak and click Apply, UWT 3 will automatically restart explorer.exe to apply the tweak. Change its behavior if you wish.More at The Windows ClubHat Tip: Ghacks
Additional resources for Ultimate Windows Tweaker 3.0 for Windows 8