Here's how you can easily move documents from your Mac to iCloud. This lets you access them with other Mac, and with iOS devices via iCloud.
Note that this tip only works with documents that support integration with iCloud.
1. Open the document on your Mac.
2. Click on the On My Mac tab in the document's application.
3. Hover your cursor over the title of the document.
4. Click the drop down arrow to the right of the title.
5. Click the Move to iCloud option on the menu.
iCloud can be very useful if you want to access your documents on other Macs, or on iOS devices.
Read more: iMore