Here's how you can change how your music is sorted in iTunes 11. For example, you can sort it by Date Added or Purchase Date (among other options).
1. Open the iTunes application.
2. Go to your music library.
3. Click on View in the menubar.
4. Click on View Options.
5. The View Options menu will appear.
6. Click the Sort By drop down menu to change how your music is sorted.
7. To add another sorting option to the drop down menu, click the checkbox next to it.
8. There are numerous sorting options available under the following categories: Music Personal Stats File Sorting Other
9. For example, if you want to sort your music by Date Added just go to the Stats section and click on the checkbox next to Date Added. Then find Date Added in the drop down menu at the top.
10. You'll also see the sorting options change on your music library page as you add or remove sorting choices.
iTunes 11 offers a rich selection of sorting choices for your music.
For more, see the original article at the link below.
iTunes: Sort by Dated Added or Purchase Date | Tech Recipes
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?