Here's a list of things to consider when buying a printer for photography.
1. Do you actually need a photo printer?
2. How much will it cost to own and run?
3. Will you be printing color or black and white photos?
4. How big should the printer be to fit in your space?
5. Printer networking needs?
6. What output quality level do you require?
7. How fast does the printer need to be?
8. How much will you actually print?
For more, see the original article at the link below.
How to Buy A Photo Printer | PCMag