Hopefully it won't be too late by the time you read this, but if you go over to this link on eBay -- and if you're a wealthy, comic-book superhero fanboy -- your dream car awaits.
From the listing:
World's only jet turbine powered Batmobile
Street registered in the US and ready for immediate sale, this car needs little introduction as it has found international publicity in all forms of media.Completed in 2011, this car was constructed in a professional racing facility alongside Grand Prix, DTM, Indy and Sports Racing cars. Its construction is in a completely different league than both replicas and of course the movie prop cars. ... Having a perfect reliability record, this car is ready to be enjoyed by an enthusiast who is looking for the ultimate luxury in one-upmanship.
Was that last sentence a dog whistle for jerks? Of course! But no matter. Check out these modern features that make the original Batmobile seem quaint by comparison:
* Fully independent, cockpit adjustable suspension with disc brakes
* Steel tubular space/monocoque chassis
* 4 forward speed semi-automatic, sequentially shifted transmission with reverse
* 365 horsepower Boeing turboshaft engine
* Fiberglass and aluminum coachwork
* Digital avionics and centrally mounted touch-screen iPad with 3G
* Fuel cell and racing approved on-board halon fire extinguishing system
* Approx. 2800 lbs.
* DOT approved turn-signals, tail, and headlights
* On-board air-compressor
Sounds good on the surface, but before I'd make a bid I'd want to know whether that iPad is the 64 GB model. That's a deal-breaker for me. And no free Sirius? Bruce Wayne wouldn't tolerate that. Why should you?
The auction ends on Labor Day at 6:34 p.m. EDT. Good luck, citizens.