Network World welcomes Global Knowledge Training as a contributor to Cisco Subnet. Global Knowledge is offering a free Cisco training course worth up to $3,495 to be given to one lucky Cisco Subnet reader. What's more, the winning reader can choose any five-day (or shorter) Cisco course in the United States from the Global Knowledge catalog. Training is offered in hundreds of U.S. cities.
Global Knowledge offers one of the largest networks of Cisco certified training partners in the world. Every course follows the Cisco Official Curriculum and is taught by a Cisco Certified Trainer. This competition closes October 31, so don't delay, answer the easy trivia question below and enter for a chance to win a free Cisco training course.
QUESTION TO ENTER TO WIN A FREE TRAINING COURSE FROM GLOBAL KNOWLEDGE: According to Global Knowledge trainer Dennis Hartmann, what does the acronym SRST stand for? (Hint, answer is also posted somewhere on the Cisco Subnet home page.)
How to enter to win: Answer the above trivia question correctly, e-mail your answer to Julie Bort at email@example.com and your entry will be entered into a drawing to win a free Global Knowledge Training training course of your choosing, of a duration of five days or less. In the e-mail, please include the answer to the question above, your name, your job title, your U.S. address and your daytime telephone number. Please write: "Global Knowledge Cisco August competition" in the subject of your e-mail. Full competition rules below.
EXTRAS: * Enter to win free books and other goodies from Cisco Subnet. See the main Cisco Subnet page for details.* Visit the Cisco Subnet page for daily news, blogs, more contests and security alerts.* Subscribe to the Cisco Subnet RSS feed to learn of more news and contests as we post them.* Follow Cisco Subnet on Twitter
1. No purchase necessary. All entrants must be 18 years of age. This offer is void where prohibited or restricted by law, and subject to all federal, state and local laws and regulations.
2. Network World, Inc., will begin accepting e-mail entries on the date that Cisco Subnet makes the trivia question available. One entry per individual.
3. To enter by e-mail, participants must respond to the Global Knowledge competition by midnight, October 31, 2009 (PT). No entries will be acknowledged or returned, and all entries become the property of Network World. Network World is not responsible for lost, late, illegible, incomplete or misdirected entries. All such entries will be disqualified.
4. The Global Knowledge training giveaway closes at midnight, October 31, 2009 (PT). One winner will be picked at random from the entries with the correct answers. The winners will be notified after the close of the competition at a date determined by Network World. All winners notified must RSVP by the date indicated in the e-mail sent by Network World. Failure to do so will result in forfeiture of the Prize. Answer to the trivia question will be published on Cisco Subnet, along with the name of the winner. The winner must register for the course within 90 days of receiving the notification e-mail.
5. The odds of winning are determined by the number of eligible entries received.
6. PRIZE: One (1) "Global Knowledge Training" training course of the winner's choosing, of a duration of five days or less. (Course listings can be found here.) No remainder credit will be given if the winner chooses a course that is of a duration of less than five days. Should the winner choose an onsite course, the winner is responsible for his/her own transportation to and from the training facility, and for his/her own accommodation. The winner is also responsible for his/her own food throughout the duration of the course/stay. The winner is responsible for the purchase of additional course materials and for exam payments/costs. The winner must register for the course within 90 days of receiving the notification e-mail.
7. No substitution, transfer or assignment of the Prize is allowed, except that Network World reserves the right to award a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. The Prize is not transferable for cash.
8. Network World, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies and the employees of each shall have no liability in connection with any tampering, hacking, computer virus, bugs, worms, unauthorized intervention, fraud, technical failures by any of the equipment or programming associated with or utilized in this contest, nor in connection with unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transactions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
9. All entrants agree to permit Network World to publicize their entry on its Web site and in other media, and use their entries for Network world marketing/advertising materials in all media and in perpetuity and for any and all purposes. Furthermore, upon submission, entrant waives any and all right to his/her right to privacy or publicity in connection with the entry. By entering, entrants agree to the use of the winner’s name and likeness for purposes of advertising and promotion without additional compensation, unless prohibited by law. By entering, participants release and hold harmless Network World, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, directors, officers, employees and agents from any and all liability or injuries, loss or damage of any kind arising from or in connection with participation in this contest or acceptance or use of any prize.
10. Winners agree that their name, likeness and voice may be used by Network World for advertising and promotional purposes without compensation
11. Employees of Network World, its parent, affiliated companies, subsidiaries, assigns and licensees, advertising and promotion agencies, and the families of each are not eligible.
12. Network World reserves sole, final and binding judgment as to all matters concerning the contest.
13. Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or connected with this contest, or any prizes awarded, shall be resolved individually, without resort to any form of class action, and exclusively by arbitration. Any and all claims, judgments and awards shall be limited to actual out-of-pocket costs incurred, including costs associated with entering this contest but in no event attorneys’ fees. Participants shall be bound by these Official Rules.
14. Any tampering with the contest in any matter is prohibited. Tampering includes, but is not limited to, preventing the submission of some or all entries, submitting more than one entry per individual per book, or otherwise compromising the integrity of the contest in any manner. Network World reserves the right, in its sole discretion, to determine whether the contest has been tampered with. Network World reserves the right to disqualify any entrant who it suspects or has found, in its sole discretion, to have tampered with the contest, submitted multiple entries or submitted entries using any automated means.
15. Network World reserves the right to prosecute any individual suspected or proven to have deliberately tampered with the contest.
16. Network World is not responsible for unavailable network connections; failed, incomplete, garbled or delayed computer transactions; online failures; hardware, software or other technical malfunctions or disturbances; or any other communications failures or circumstances affecting, disrupting or corrupting the contest in any manner.
17. If Network World determines, in its sole discretion, that technical difficulties or unforeseen events outside Network World's control compromise the integrity or viability of the contest, Network World reserves the right to void the entries at issue and/or terminate the relevant portion of the contest.
18. To obtain the name of the winner, as well as a copy of the rules, send a request with a self-addressed, stamped envelope to: "Network World-Global Knowledge October training giveaway contest" c/o Cheryl Crivello, Network World, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701.
19. The Sponsor of this contest is Network World, 492 Old Connecticut Path, Framingham, MA 01701.
This story, "Enter to win a Cisco training course worth $3,495" was originally published by Network World.