After a long snooze in which there were virtually no Mac (as opposed to iPod/iPhone) hardware rumors worthy of mention, the last 48 hours or so has seen a veritable EXPLOSION of excitement! Having no special inside sources of my own, I shall do you the convenience of collating the latest buzz here for your entertainment:
- There's going to be a hardware event on March 24, featuring new iMacs, Mac Pros, minis, maybe more!
- Wait, did we say "March 24"? Because we totally meant March 3, as in tomorrow! And there will be crazy-fast 16-core Mac Pros, too!
- The new Mac mini will totally be based on that configuration with the five USB ports and the FireWire and the DVI and Minidisplay Port, which nobody believed when it emerged some months ago. Also: NVidia chipsets!
- There will be four iMac models and two Mac mini models.
- New Time Capsule and Airport base station models (the latter with support for simultaneous 2.4GHz/5GHz connections) may also be in the works?
Brace yourself for a potential tidal wave of news tomorrow! Or, maybe for another boring day in which all the stuff that Apple sells is the same as it was yesterday. That is the risk you take as an Apple cultist.