I let another friend try out Glass while on a walk. We try to imagine some realistic scenarios where Glass would be really, truly useful:
- Bicycling in unknown territory (needing directions, snapping photos)
- Skiing (video and ski trail maps)
- Bakers, brewed coffee snobs, sculptors, and other people who work with their hands but might need to stay receptive (text messages, photos)
- Scouting locations for films, for office space, and so forth (photos and Google+ photo sharing).
- Situations where you will need to look up things quite frequently (art galleries, tourist trips ... Gen Con?)
Yet the drawbacks come up before we even make it home.