Here's how you can download Nokia's free HERE Maps app for your iPhone.
Download in iTunes
1. Go to the HERE Maps app page in iTunes Preview.
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download HERE Maps to iTunes.
4. Sync your iPhone to install HERE Maps.
Download on your iPhone
1. Open the App Store app.
2. Search for "HERE Maps" (without quotes).
3. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of the features in HERE Maps.
"HERE Maps helps you feel like a local anywhere you go. See where you are, search and discover nearby places, and get a feel for the place. Collect places to remember or for later discovery. Explore new destinations and know instantly how to get there on foot, by car or on public transport. HERE Maps is based on the world-class NAVTEQ mapping data used in 90% of in-car navigation systems in the world.
• Map views – Pick the map you need from map view, live traffic view, public transport line view or satellite view
• Save map areas & wander without data coverage
• In selected countries, access community maps created and updated by users
• Maps, search and place coverage for nearly 200 countries
• Search with history and suggestions
• Share places with just a tap, including the location and how to get there, over SMS, email, or social networks
• Organize places you love into Collections
• Sign in to HERE Maps with your Nokia Account or Facebook login
• Sync with Here.net – Access your Collections anywhere
• Step-by-Step voice-guided walk navigation
• Walk navigation through pedestrian routes, parks, alleyways, and more
• Public transportation and driving directions"
This article is published as part of the IDG Contributor Network. Want to Join?