Here's how you can download the Skype app free for your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or iPod Touch.
Download the Skype App Free From iTunes
1. Go to the Skype app preview page in iTunes.
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download the app.
4. Sync your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini with iTunes to install the Skype app.
Download the Skype App Free From the iOS App Store
1. Open the App Store on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini.
2. Search for "Skype" (without the quotes).
3. Tap the Free button to download the app and install it on your iOS device.
Here's a description and screenshot of Skype for iOS devices:
"Say “hello” to friends and family with an instant message, voice or video call on Skype for free. There’s so much you can do, right from the palm of your hand. Features: Join over 250 million people every month using Skype Get started with Skype on your iPhone and find your friends in an instant.
Call friends on Skype Enjoy free voice and video calls to anyone else on Skype. Talk to friends in an instant Instant message your friends in a flash plus send emoticons. Photo Sharing Send photos on your iPhone directly to friends or family via Skype.
There's no limit on the size of the photo you can send, so you can share a moment without reaching email size limits or paying expensive MMS charges. Call mobiles and landlines Add a little Skype Credit to send low-cost SMS messages or call friends on their mobile or landline.
No WiFi? No problem Skype works on 3G* and WiFi – so you can stay in touch, even if you’re out and about. Chat with anyone, anywhere Skype’s available on smartphones, tablets, PCs, Macs and even TVs.
Whatever device your friend or family uses, Skype just works. Simple. Search the app store for other great apps from Skype: - Skype for iPad - Skype WiFi - GroupMe"