- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2014
Areas of Interest:
- OpenSSL is an open source project with about a $1 million annual budget. That’s pretty amazing when you consider how crucial of a role it plays in online security. Here is a good article that explains more about OpenSSL. http://www.inferse.com/14435/heartbleed-bug-openssl-everything-need-know/
1 day 16 hours ago
- Is there a way to see the WiFi passwords I’ve entered on an iPhone?
5 days 15 hours ago
- How can I make a folder invisible on Mac OS X? I’m planning a surprise vacation for my girlfriend this summer, and I don’t want her to stumble onto it while she is using my Mac to look at kitty pictures on reddit.
1 week 6 days ago
- I haven’t used FaceTime in a while, but when I did, I'm pretty sure that you had to add the person to your contacts to call them. Maybe something has changed since then.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- I’m using Office for Mac 2011. When sharing calendars among different co-workers, is there a way to change the colors to differentiate them? For example Jack has a red background, Jill has a yellow background, etc. I can do it for my own stuff, but not for shared, which is when it would actually be convenient.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- I cracked the screen on my current iPhone, but I have an old iPhone 4 still sitting in a drawer somewhere that I can use for a while. Has anyone upgraded an iPhone 4 to iOS 7, and if so, did it function ok?
4 weeks 2 days ago
- After installing the iOS 7.1 update, I can’t get BlueTooth to turn off. If I turn it off, the iPhone just turns it back on. Any ideas?
5 weeks 13 hours ago
- I let my mother used my MacBook, and now it has Genieo toolbar adware installed on it. Thanks, Mom. It’s made a mess of my Mac, and I certainly don’t want to use their retched search engine. How can I get rid of this?
5 weeks 5 days ago
- Go to the little inverted triangle shape at the top left, beside the first tab. Left click on the inverted triangle, and about the 7th option from the top will be “reopen closed tab.” Ctrl+Shift+T will also work.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Aryton asks Will incorporation of iOS, Android, Windows, and now BlackBerry lock people to individual car brands?Apple has announced iPhone integration with Mercedes, Volvo and Ferrari, while Google has Android partnerships with Audi, Honda, GM and Hyundai. Microsoft had been teamed up with Ford, but that wasn’t working out so well for Ford so they are switching to a BlackBerry system (there is an ITworld article about this).
6 weeks 2 days ago
- I entered the wrong iCloud security code a number of times for my iCloud Keychain, and now I’m locked out. It’s a 4-digit PIN, just like my ATM, and I wasn’t thinking and kept entering my ATM PIN. Is there any way to recover an iCloud security code?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- There is no uninstaller with TrueCrypt for OS X (or if there is, it is well hidden). How can I do a clean uninstall of TrueCrypt on a Mac?
7 weeks 6 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.