- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2014
Areas of Interest:
- What are the big differences between Yosemite and previous versions of OS X? Anything exciting to look forward to?
23 hours 1 sec ago
- I know that you can install Windows 7 on a Mac using Boot Camp, but is it also compatible with Windows 8.1? I was thinking that the touch screen oriented OS might cause issues.
1 week 3 days ago
- There are a lot of things you can do, some make a bigger difference than others, but they all should help to some degree. Here are a few easy ones that I think make a noticeable improvement. Hope they help you out.
1 week 4 days ago
- There is actually some evidence that after an initial negative reaction, all of the discussion has actually resulted in increased adoption of public cloud services.
2 weeks 2 hours ago
- On newer Macs, the Apple silhouette has been replaced by a different symbol that looks like a cloverleaf intersection. The correct term for it either way is the “command key.” Be careful not to say “Apple key” around some people, or you will get a lecture on correct terminology.
2 weeks 7 hours ago
- If you think about it, even WiFi is kind of a marketing term. Sure the “Wi” part means wireless, but did you ever think about what the “Fi” part means? It means it sounds good with Wi, is what it means.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Aryton answers Re: How to stop cooling fan from on Mac from constantly running at max speed after HDD replacement?I’m not sure why Apple came up with this design. The conspiracist in me would note that it is a very good way to force more Apple owners to have their HDD replaced by Apple itself, which is of course the most expensive option for consumers and the most lucrative for Apple.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- How can I find my MacBook's date of manufacture?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- You should still be able to get the Mac to connect to the PC using Go>Connect to Server. To get it so that you can use the finder bar may take a little more effort. First of all, go to the Windows PC and find what it has listed as the name of its workgroup.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- This fits squarely in the “first world problems” category, but it annoys me when Siri pronounces my friends’ names incorrectly. This happens a lot with friends that have more unique spellings of their names. Is there a way to teach Siri how to say names correctly?
6 weeks 3 days ago
- I saw a really nice deal on a Chromebook, and I think I will pick one up. One question, though - can I use iTunes on a Chromebook?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- Which versions of the iPhone will iOS 8 be compatable with? Will it be work with the iPhone 4S?
8 weeks 1 day ago
- I have been considering giving Android a try, but I’m worried about not getting my text messages if I switch over. I know this can be an issue when the phone number is ported from the iPhone to Android, and I want to avoid it if I can. Has this issue been resolved, or is it still a problem?
10 weeks 5 hours ago
- I would prefer Chrome to Safari for my default browser, but I haven’t been able to figure out a way to change it. Is there a way to choose Chrome as the default browser in iOS?
10 weeks 1 day ago
- How can I monitor which applications are using the network in OS X?
13 weeks 6 days ago
- OpenSSL is an open source project with about a $1 million annual budget. That’s pretty amazing when you consider how crucial of a role it plays in online security. Here is a good article that explains more about OpenSSL. http://www.inferse.com/14435/heartbleed-bug-openssl-everything-need-know/
15 weeks 1 day ago
- Is there a way to see the WiFi passwords I’ve entered on an iPhone?
15 weeks 4 days ago
- How can I make a folder invisible on Mac OS X? I’m planning a surprise vacation for my girlfriend this summer, and I don’t want her to stumble onto it while she is using my Mac to look at kitty pictures on reddit.
16 weeks 5 days ago
- I haven’t used FaceTime in a while, but when I did, I'm pretty sure that you had to add the person to your contacts to call them. Maybe something has changed since then.
18 weeks 2 days ago
- I’m using Office for Mac 2011. When sharing calendars among different co-workers, is there a way to change the colors to differentiate them? For example Jack has a red background, Jill has a yellow background, etc. I can do it for my own stuff, but not for shared, which is when it would actually be convenient.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- I cracked the screen on my current iPhone, but I have an old iPhone 4 still sitting in a drawer somewhere that I can use for a while. Has anyone upgraded an iPhone 4 to iOS 7, and if so, did it function ok?
19 weeks 2 days ago
- After installing the iOS 7.1 update, I can’t get BlueTooth to turn off. If I turn it off, the iPhone just turns it back on. Any ideas?
19 weeks 6 days ago
- I let my mother used my MacBook, and now it has Genieo toolbar adware installed on it. Thanks, Mom. It’s made a mess of my Mac, and I certainly don’t want to use their retched search engine. How can I get rid of this?
20 weeks 4 days ago
- Go to the little inverted triangle shape at the top left, beside the first tab. Left click on the inverted triangle, and about the 7th option from the top will be “reopen closed tab.” Ctrl+Shift+T will also work.
21 weeks 1 day ago
- Aryton asks Will incorporation of iOS, Android, Windows, and now BlackBerry lock people to individual car brands?Apple has announced iPhone integration with Mercedes, Volvo and Ferrari, while Google has Android partnerships with Audi, Honda, GM and Hyundai. Microsoft had been teamed up with Ford, but that wasn’t working out so well for Ford so they are switching to a BlackBerry system (there is an ITworld article about this).
21 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.