- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Obviously, this is going to be very specific to what you do and where you are, but the Surface RT should be available for under $250. It runs Windows RT, which may not be ideal, but if you are like most small businesses, you have a Windows environment so it should be more useful than an iOS or Android tablet for similar prices.
1 week 1 day ago
- I’ve always heard it as a rule to follow, but have never been certain why it is a bad idea to use a vacuum to clean out a dusty old PC. It’s isn’t as if there are a lot of loose components that are going to be sucked up, and I’m careful enough that I wouldn’t bang around.
3 weeks 20 hours ago
- bralphye asks Would it still make sense to buy a PS3 or X360 with the new generation machines just around the corner?I came across a 500Gb Playstation 3 at the local video game shop for $150, including a used game. A new PS4 will cost $400, and a new XBox One will be $500. I’ve missed this generation of gaming (except for a Wii, and I still have an original XBox and GameCube though). Will it be a waste of money to buy a PS3 this late in the product cycle?
6 weeks 2 days ago
- I have a DSL connection at home and a 2Wire router, and occasionally the signal just goes away, then is reestablished a few seconds later. It’s not the end of the world, but it is annoying. Is it more likely to be my ISP or my router?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- bralphye asks What’s the difference between Google+ Local Business Page and Google Places for Business?From what I can see, if you establish either, it will cause pretty much the same information to be available as a Google search result. Is there an advantage to one over the other, or does a company need both? We are a small business, so everything we do means that we are devoting some of our limited resources in time and effort towards it.
12 weeks 2 days ago
- What are the most effective measures of whether or not SEO is working? I know traffic is one important metric, but what else should you look at?
15 weeks 5 days ago
- I heard about someone being shocked by an iPhone in China for the second time this week. And no, I do not mean that they were pleasantly surprised by some rad feature on the device, I mean “ZAP!” electric shock. What could be causing it to happen?
19 weeks 5 days ago
- You aren’t the only person with this question apparently. I think this could help you out: http://answers.microsoft.com/en-us/office/forum/office_2013_release-word...
21 weeks 2 days ago
- There is a good chance glare is causing your eyestrain problem. The first thing I would try is one of those anti-glare screen covers. They costs $30+, but if it solves your problem it would be worth it. If you wear glasses, make sure you get anti-glare coating on your lenses.
21 weeks 2 days ago
- bralphye answers Re: Which is the more effective online advertising method, Google Display or AdWords?It
21 weeks 6 days ago
- I inserted an object in a paper I’m writing, and everything I move text around the object moves. I just want it to stay in the same place. Why is is moving during editing?
23 weeks 6 days ago
- Sure, you can do it, and it is easy. Here is a video that walks you through the steps. Rock on.
26 weeks 2 days ago
- Ouya has had better publicity and Playstick costs about $20 less. Also, Playstick was developed by game developers (couldn’t think of a way to say that without developers 2x). That could mean good 1st party games a la Nintendo, although we’ll have to wait and see. Other than that, I don’t see any huge differences.
26 weeks 2 days ago
26 weeks 5 days ago
- I've stuck with Windows 7 instead of "upgrading" to Windows 8. I've seen conflicting information as to when Microsoft will cease Windows 7 support, including one source that says 2015 (which seems awfully soon). When does support officially stop?
31 weeks 1 day ago
- Let me clarify - I use the Chrome browser both at home and at work. I log into the browser so I have access to all the same bookmarks and setting where ever I am. Welcome to the future, and all that.
32 weeks 6 days ago
- I was on my laptop, and a command prompt box popped up with "files being copied........". I closed my browser, disconnected from WiFi, and ran a fresh virus scan after making sure my anti-virus (AVG) was up to date. I couldn't find any problems, and nothing came up on my scans. Any ideas what caused this?
34 weeks 2 days ago
- As my avatar suggests, I have worn glasses since I was a little kid. I know it will be a while before most of us can get Google Glass, but does anyone know if they are (it is) compatible with prescription glasses?
37 weeks 6 days ago
- How can I make sure the color/brightness/contrast/etc. of my monitor is calibrated properly? I don't want to waste time trying to balance everything for my monitor only to find out I've been changing images to compensate for my incorrectly calibrated display.
38 weeks 2 days ago
- How can I install apps that aren't from Google Play?
42 weeks 5 days ago
- NAS and SAN are both network storage, right? What's the difference between the two? Are they pretty much the same thing?
43 weeks 1 day ago
- I see the two terms software and client used interchangeably pretty often. This may be a stupid question, but are they actually synonymous, or when the term client is used, is it referring to a specific type of software?
47 weeks 2 days ago
- A safe bet for most people would be either a $10 Google Play or iTunes gift card. Except that Apple made it $15 minimum for the iTunes gift card, so you better like those people 50% more.
50 weeks 6 days ago
- Thanks for the help all. I'm going to give it a go this weekend when I have some spare time. It doesn't sound too difficult for me to handle.
52 weeks 8 hours ago
- I'm a fan of anime and have quite a few dvds of it, some of which a buddy of mine in the marines got for me when he was stationed in Japan. I have a desktop at home running Windows 7. When I tried to watch them on my desktop, Media Player would tell me they are region locked and that I needed to switch to region 2. Ok, no biggie.
1 year 4 hours ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.