- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2010
Areas of Interest:
- If you don't want to spend much on a new laptop, but need a touch screen, try one of these under-$600 systems.
29 weeks 1 day ago
- Things slowing down on your Wi-Fi network? Here are a host of tricks, tips and tweaks to speed up your wireless performance.
36 weeks 4 days ago
- We look at the Dell XPS 18 and the Sony Vaio Tap 20: Two all-in-ones that transform into large-scale tablets. Is this an alteration you can work with?
40 weeks 1 day ago
- Cloud storage has become increasingly popular, both for individuals and companies, as a place to stash everything from tax records to family photos. Services such as Dropbox, Box, SugarSync or Google Drive offer the chance to easily store your data and then access it from any of your devices.
40 weeks 3 days ago
- Toshiba's new KiraBook ultrabook offers a sleek, rich look along with high-end components, including a fine display and great speakers. The question is: Can you afford it?
42 weeks 3 days ago
- With the introduction of Windows 8, touchscreens are coming to the desktop -- but they're not cheap. We look at three of the latest monitors from Acer, Dell and ViewSonic.
51 weeks 3 days ago
- While the dream of a paper-free world has yet to materialize (assuming it ever will), using scanners to store digital copies of hardcopy documents has become de rigueur for most businesses, from enterprise-level operations to single-person startups.
1 year 9 hours ago
- Watching "whatever's on" TV -- or shelling out for cable so you can see a particular show -- is so last decade. With an ever-expanding array of movies, TV shows and other video content available online, more and more TV watchers are opting to connect their TVs to the Internet, either to supplement their cable or satellite package -- or to replace it entirely.
1 year 10 weeks ago
- While much of the attention surrounding the long-awaited introduction of Windows 8 has focused on the latest tablets and convertibles, ultrabooks seem to have be
1 year 12 weeks ago
- There's no shortage of ultrabooks that offer a 13.3-inch screen, but what if you want a 14-in. display?
1 year 28 weeks ago
1 year 35 weeks ago
- Whether it's killing zombies or pitching a perfect baseball game, top-notch gaming has always demanded the fastest systems and best graphics. You want a high-end computer? Look at what gamers are buying and you'll have it.
1 year 36 weeks ago
- Until now, if you wanted to use a smaller, lightweight notebook, you had to decide whether you wanted top performance (which meant carrying around an extra battery) or long battery life (with a slower system that pulled less power). Intel's Ivy Bridge processor family has the potential to deliver both.
1 year 38 weeks ago
- Have you ever looked inside a laser printer and wondered just how it takes what’s on your computer screen and puts it on paper? Oddly, in this age of fancy digital devices, static electricity is the key to making a laser printer work.
3 years 22 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.