- Slide 1: An opening slide contains the system's name and your name:
This is important to orient your audience as to what you will be showing them. A typical senior manager's day is going from meeting to meeting. As a result, it would be good to remind them why they are there.
- Slide 2: A very high level overview of the data contained in the system:
As an example, this slide could say the system includes company financials, sales forecasts/pipeline, inventory levels, staffing levels, market share statistics, etc.
- Slide 3: A very high level overview of the system's primary functionality:
As an example, this slide could say the system has standardized reports, ad hoc reporting capabilities, drill down capabilities, advanced analytics, etc.
- Slide 4: Ask for high level questions and move directly to the live system demonstration
3. For the live demonstration portion of your presentation (about 20 minutes) consider the following: