- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2014
Areas of Interest:
- I’m a little confused about VoIP telephony terminology, specifically the term “SIP Trunking.”. Is SIP Trunking just another way to say VoIP, or does it refer to something else?
4 days 7 hours ago
- The easiest way is to use cloning software, of which there are many options. I like Clonezilla and DriveImage XML, both of which are available for free.
1 week 4 days ago
- What can be done to minimize the risk of the Heartbleed bug while online? How significant is the security risk to the average internet user?
1 week 4 days ago
- I have a couple of decent monitors that aren’t being used, and I would like to hook them up to my Windows 7 laptop (Dell Inspiron) to make it a little more pleasant when I work from home. I’ve never set up multiple displays on a laptop before. What do I need to do to make it work?
2 weeks 3 days ago
- dayzsunny answers Re: What are some design practices to help make a website more readable and attractive?Follow the rule of thirds, just like the composition of a good photograph. It is one of those things that most people will never put their finger on, but they will notice that the website (or image) is visually balanced and more attractive to the eye.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- I understand that Office 2013 is a traditional desktop application and Office 365 is a cloud based offering, so that’s not really my question. My question is more IS there a real difference between the cloud and desktop versions? Will I suffer for choosing cloud-based 365?
5 weeks 1 day ago
- You need to go into TOOLS>OPTIONS>LOAD/SAVE>GENERAL. In option menu there, you should see “Default file format and ODF settings.” Under the dropdown menu for “document type” choose “text document” and in the dropdown menu below that you can choose the default file type to save your documents.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Is there an effective way to make sure that all of the software on a Windows 7 PC is up to date?
6 weeks 5 days ago
- SanDisk has released a 128GB microSD card, which is pretty impressive to me since I can remember when there were 128MB cards. My concern is what can use them? Both my tablet and phone say they will support up to 64GB microSD cards - am I out of luck or can I still use the new 128GB cards?
7 weeks 6 days ago
- I know that reCAPTCHA is later version of CAPTCHA, and both serve up challenges that, hopefully, humans will pass but bots will not. Is there an advantage for users (by users I mean the website using them) of one versus the other?
8 weeks 6 days ago
- With news of the recent exploit of Linksys routers, I thought it might be a good idea to update my router's firmware. How do I go about doing this?
9 weeks 2 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.