- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: July 2011
Areas of Interest:
- There is another way that has been developed by vladikoff using Android runtime on Chrome OS. It’s not stable and it requires some work, but if you want to give it a try here is the link for the files you need. https://github.com/vladikoff/chromeos-apk
3 days 8 hours ago
- I have a friend that uses, and I kid you not, an electric leaf blower for computers that are next level filthy. I personally would not suggest this because (1) the air flow might be strong enough to cause damage, and (2) the air is unfiltered to you could be blasting the motherboard with grit and dirt.
3 days 8 hours ago
- What’s the largest files size you can sync on OneDrive?
1 week 1 day ago
- One of the saddest things about Robin Williams death, aside from the event itself, was how horrible some people trolled his daughter on Twitter afterwards. I really feel for Zelda Williams; I can’t even imagine what type of person would take to Twitter to troll a young woman about the death of her father to the point that she left the service.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- The FCC is looking at new regulations that will govern what ISPs actually have to offer in order to legally call it broadband or high-speed internet. At the moment, the FCC allows 4Mbps download speeds to be advertised as broadband/high-speed, but is considering a change to a 10Mbps download minimum.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- Google has made some attempts to push Chrome OS as an alternative to Windows XP for businesses now that XP is unsupported. Is this really a valid option for businesses? How well suited for business use is Chrome OS?
11 weeks 3 days ago
- delia25 asks Why is Verizon refusing to honor the two years data service agreement for Chromebook Pixel?The $1200 or so Chromebook Pixel came with 2 years of 100MB per month wireless service from Verizon included. I’m literally looking at the paperwork that says so right now. Now Verizon is telling me, nope, that never happened and we are shutting off your service now, after one year. What can be done about this?
12 weeks 6 days ago
- How do I block someone who is a contact in WhatsApp? It is simple if they are not in my address book, there is a little “block” button, but the person I want to block is in my address book and I don’t want to remove them, just block them on WhatsApp. I’m using the iPhone version of the app, by the way.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Is there a way I can automatically open more than one “start page” when I open Chrome browser? It’s not a big deal to manually go to them, but I have the same 6 sites I use everyday at work, and it would be more convenient if I could have them all open from the start. Is there a way to do this using Chrome browser on a Windows 8 laptop?
15 weeks 2 days ago
- I understand that using unsecured public WiFi is a security risk, and if I’m not using a VPN, someone can “eavesdrop” on my activity. What I don’t know is what could they actually see?
22 weeks 6 days ago
- I don’t know how widely known this story is, but there was a highly rated app called Virus Shield in Google Play that had around 10,000 installs. People liked it, it didn’t slow down their Android phones and tablets like some other apps, and it had a very simple interface.
24 weeks 3 hours ago
- With Windows 7, will programs that were made for 32-bit Windows 7 still work on the 64-bit version?
26 weeks 5 days ago
- How can I share a folder from guest to host in VirtualBox (host is Windows 7, guest is Umbuntu), instead of the usual host to guest? Is there a way to do this?
31 weeks 5 days ago
- This is one of this things that is always updated on “Patch Tuesday” but as far as I know I have never used it, nor has it removed anything. How does the Malicious Software Removal Tool work? Does it just run in the background without any required input from me, or do I need to do something that I am not currently doing?
34 weeks 6 hours ago
- Can you use a separate display with the Nexus 7 (2013) without using a Chromecast? I thought they were MHL compatible, but when I used a MHL to HDMI adaptor it didn’t work. Is buying a Chromecast the only option for large screen display of the Nexus 7?
35 weeks 5 days ago
- I know that Microsoft will stop support for Windows XP in a couple of months, but are the risk really that great if you continue to use it after that point? It’s over 10 years old, wouldn’t all of the vulnerabilities have been found and patched by now?
39 weeks 11 hours ago
- Is there a way to directly download YouTube videos without using a third party plug-in? I try not to install third party plug-ins for my browsers due to concerns about privacy and security.
40 weeks 6 hours ago
- Over the past few months, the cost of DRAM has been going up significantly. For most of my adult life the trend has been the other direction, over time costs have steadily decreased. Why is the cost trending up so much recently?
40 weeks 4 days ago
- I’m not privy to the terms of your NDAs, so I don’t know the restrictions that you have agreed to. By nature of the service, Google is going to have to temporarily store a copy of any document that you print. According to Google, they do not retain a copy after printing is complete:
42 weeks 4 days ago
- Some sites that she visits probably just aren’t fully compatible with IE11. You can turn on compatibility mode for her under the TOOLS button, then just click “Compatibility View Settings” and add the website that isn’t displaying properly. No promises, but this might help.
42 weeks 4 days ago
- There was a recent post on Reddit about LG collecting personal user data from users of its “smart TVs”.
43 weeks 5 days ago
- When choosing a new tablet, what are the most important things to consider once you get past the choice of OS and size?
46 weeks 5 days ago
- The new iPhone is great, but the way the icons shift and float in space messes with my eyes and actually makes me feel a little dizzy. It reminds me of my son’s 3DS when I first looked at the 3D effects. I can deal with it, and probably could get used to it, but Is there a way to get rid of that display feature?
50 weeks 14 hours ago
- Beyond running a virus scan, how can you tell if your PC has been infected by a virus? Are there common “symptoms,” for lack of a better term?
50 weeks 6 days ago
- Clearly, it’s not good. I can still boot up (Compaq Windows PC) usually, although not always. I'm pretty sure it's coming from the hard drive.
51 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.