- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- Has there been any information about what the next gen Xbox aka Xbox Infinity aka Xbox Durango ak X720 is going to cost? I'm pretty excited about a new generation of consoles arriving, but I still have to pay the rent!
19 hours 43 min ago
- First off, I am a Nintendo fan. I've had many Nintendo systems over the years, and played about 10 hours of Super Mario RPG for the SNES over the weekend. Suffice it to say, I am not a "hater".
1 day 19 hours ago
- I think the 3D star is fading. I have a Nintendo 3DS, and while I still think the 3D effect is neat, I leave it off much of the time. With glasses free 3D, you have to keep the device really steady or you lose the 3D effect and get ghosting.
1 week 1 day ago
- A question posted earlier about the development of an android app got me thinking about trying to make a simple android game on my own. I'm a big fan of retro 8-bit and 16-bit games, so it wouldn't be too complex, but I'm only marginally familiar with Java.
1 week 4 days ago
- I suppose I would, but I don't look at it as a positive. It adds too many failure points for my liking. I don't see the need for it, plus when everyone at my house is doing their own thing on my home network, it has a big impact (3-4 people streaming Netfix, watching YouTube, on Skype, etc. can use some bandwidth).
3 weeks 5 days ago
- As the article pointed out, Sony wasn't shy about pricing the PS3 absurdly high, at least initially. I think we can also look at Sony's pricing decisions with respect to the new Vita and older PSP, both of which launched at $250-300. If I'm not mistaken, that price was significantly higher then other contemporary handheld systems.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- I cast a vote for STINKY, the foot operated controller. Seriously. It's actually done pretty well on kickstarter.
4 weeks 6 days ago
- “For Isildur would not surrender it to Elrond and Círdan who stood by. They counseled him to cast it into the fire of Orodruin night at hand... But Isildur refused this counsel, saying: 'This I will have as weregild for my father's death, and my brother's.
6 weeks 22 hours ago
- Once in a while, I still hook up my
6 weeks 6 days ago
- If you were advising a young person pursuing a career in IT, what would you suggest they choose for a college major?
9 weeks 21 hours ago
- Depends on the iPhone 4. Apple switched over to pentalobe screws during iPhone 4 production. Those are those little 5 point (ahem....penta) screws. You should be able to pick a pentalobe screwdriver pretty easily. Last time I was at Sears they even had them there.
10 weeks 21 hours ago
- I hate latency when I'm playing games online, where a fraction of a second can mean the difference between success and failure. Here is tip I ran across on a forum that may help you reduce it a bit, no promises though. http://www.computing.net/howtos/show/how-to-reduce-latencyping-for-pc-ga...
11 weeks 4 days ago
- Not blocking used games is the big one for me. Sure, it just means maintaining the status quo, but the status quo should be maintained in this instance. According to Shuhei Yoshida, the PS4 will play used games, at least. If Microsoft decides to block them and Sony doesn't, I think we will see a resurgence in market share from Sony.
12 weeks 5 days ago
- If you ever play me in a game online, it will be when im in ur base killin ur d00dz.
12 weeks 6 days ago
- There are rumors that the next versions of the XBox and PlayStation will prevent used games from working on the systems.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- We got a Wii U recently, and I'm trying to pick a streaming video service for it. I used to have Netflix, but canceled my subscription back when they nearly doubled prices for streaming and a single DVD at a time by mail.
15 weeks 1 day ago
- I was listening to NPR on the way in to the office today and they were talking about the launch of BlackBerry 10. Whoever it was being interviewed pointed out that there would be far fewer apps available for the BB10 than either Android or Apple devices enjoy, and they thought that would be a problem for RIM.
15 weeks 6 days ago
- I suspect it will be window dressing. Mayer was in charge of keeping google search clean and intuitive.
15 weeks 6 days ago
- It's mainly cosmetic; don't expect to see any new Windows 8 functionality added to your Windows phone. 7.8 changes things like the Office logo, adds some new tile choices, changes the appearance of boot screen, adds auto-updating wall paper - stuff that is pretty much window dressing, no pun intended. :-)
16 weeks 4 days ago
- Judging from developer support, there is still quite a bit of interest in the BlackBerry 10 platform. RIM had what they called a "Port-A-Thon" last Friday, and they had over 15,000 apps submitted.
18 weeks 1 day ago
- The US Government's security warning about Java on computers has been widely reported at this point, but I can seem to find what that means for Android users. After all, doesn't Android inherently use Java? Does the security vulnerability warned about apply to Android devices, and if so, what do you do about it?
18 weeks 1 day ago
- For me, it's Ouya - I'm interested in in not only from a gamer's perspective, but also as an open source consumer product. Sure, Android is open source, but for the most part it isn't in the living room of the average consumer.
19 weeks 6 days ago
- While trying to decide between new Android phones, I see quite a few that are very close on clock speed, but some have single core CPUs and some have dual core. Is there much of a difference really? When would you be likely to benefit from dual core; just gaming and other graphic intensive use, or would it always be apparent?
22 weeks 21 hours ago
- Nothing I've ever found will really fix it. There are all sorts of things I would consider little better than folk remedies, such as the suggestion to use toothpaste to buff it out (which does work on yellowed car headlights, incidentally).
23 weeks 5 days ago
- There isn't ALL that much difference in up front cost. I mean, really, how many years do you keep a video game system? 5 or 6 years if you buy it early in its life cycle. So 50 bucks difference means you are paying an extra $10 or so a year for the more expensive Vita.
24 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.