- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: September 2011
Areas of Interest:
- This may not be the most important mystery in the world, but for a long time I’ve wondered why the logo on Apple laptops (it’s almost always a PowerBook). I assume there is some legal reason behind it, but that's just a guess.
1 week 5 days ago
- Ok, I got the new Facebook Messenger app, but I don’t want all the notifications. How do I at least partially disable notifications in Messenger?
3 weeks 1 day ago
- The San Jose Mercury News reported that Google will start adding whether a website uses HTTPS to the factors that determine its search ranking. Will this be enough to force widespread adoption of HTTPS? I certainly hope so. Also, how much of a difference will whether or not a site uses HTTPS make in its search rank?
5 weeks 3 days ago
- When will the general public be able to buy the iPhone 6? Also, is there likely to be a less expensive "C" model?
6 weeks 16 hours ago
- If there are no moving parts in a CPU, thus removing friction from the equation, what is happening that causes it to get hot when it is under a heavy load?
8 weeks 5 days ago
- When is the iWatch going to go on sale and how much will it cost to get one?
12 weeks 4 days ago
- When companies like Netflix and Verizon are arguing about peering and who is to blame for poor connection speeds, what exactly are they talking about? What is peering?
14 weeks 2 days ago
- Google says that they will support Chrome for at least 5 years after the launch date of the applicable hardware.
16 weeks 15 hours ago
- I remember reading an article a while ago about how to set it up to get alerts if someone searches for me online, but I can't remember where I read it. How can I monitor if I am being searched for?
16 weeks 16 hours ago
- What exactly is Android Silver?
20 weeks 19 hours ago
- ernard asks Will having CyanogenMod OS instead of Android make a difference with the OnePlus One smartphone?The new OnePlus One seems like a pretty killer phone just from looking at the specs, especially for $299. However it comes with CyanogenMod OS instead of Android. Will this cause problems with apps or support from service providers? Are there any other drawbacks of CyanogenMod?
20 weeks 5 days ago
- I understand zero day to mean that there is a serious security issue, but I don’t know what it actually means. Where does the term “zero day” come from?
22 weeks 20 hours ago
- How can I add audio files to WordPress blog post?
23 weeks 4 days ago
- Whenever I have ran a speedtest on a home network, download speeds are always much faster than upload speeds, sometimes 10x as fast. I’m just curious, if they are using the same “pipe” why wouldn’t they be the same?
26 weeks 15 hours ago
- If you use a mobile app like Tweetdeck or HootSweet, you can mute individuals without it being obvious. They both have a mute feature that basically makes tweets invisible from people that you don’t want to hear from.
26 weeks 4 days ago
- How do you set an iPhone to ring a unique ringtone for someone in your contacts list?
28 weeks 16 hours ago
- ernard asks Will Nintendo’s decision to shut down Wii servers affect Netflix and Hulu services on the system?My family’s Wii served a long and noble role as a gaming system for years, but now it is mostly used for streaming Netflix, Hulu and occasionally YouTube. Nintendo has announced it is shutting down online services for the Wii in a couple of months, so there will be no more Mario Kart Wii online matches, sadly.
28 weeks 5 days ago
- I heard a short story on the news this weekend about a security vulnerability that was found in iOS 7. How serious of a threat is it, and how long has it existed?
29 weeks 1 day ago
- Whenever I have an issue with my home network, my broadband provider’s tech support always tells me to power cycle my modem, and “wait 30 seconds” after I power down before restarting. Why wait that long before restarting the modem?
30 weeks 10 hours ago
- Is it possible to send a fax from an Android phone to a traditional fax machine? If so, do you still have to pay to do it?
31 weeks 6 days ago
- Other than the name is anything changing? I don’t really see why Microsoft would change an established product’s name at this point.
33 weeks 1 day ago
- I see these terms used seemingly interchangeably. Is there a difference between the two terms, or are they synonymous?
36 weeks 5 days ago
- How can I save the web page I’m on as a PDF? I’m using Chrome browser.
37 weeks 5 days ago
- For “normal” home internet users, how fast does the internet connection need to be? I am getting upgraded to 6mbps, which isn’t particularly fast, but faster means more money. Would I see any difference for normal home use (things like netflix, google docs, general surfing, streaming music, etc.) if I went faster?
40 weeks 5 days ago
- I was looking at upgrading my internet connection to a higher speed from my current DSL service. The only option I have is AT&T’s U-Verse, which requires a new modem/router, but still uses the existing wiring I have in my house.
41 weeks 14 hours ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.