- Multitenant management and billing
- Fine-grained delegated monitoring
- Context-sensitive, user-specific dashboards
- SNMP monitoring even without a fancy MIB
- Visibility into underlying virtualization platforms (VMware vSphere or Microsoft Hyper-V)
- VMotion-sensitive VMware monitoring
- Service-based performance monitoring (e.g. Exchange email delivery times)
- Vblock and FlexPod support
- Monitors multivendor videoconferencing networks (VTC- and VoIP-specific metrics)
- Installation under 15 minutes, from raw metal to running
- Updates have been flawless and hitless, no restarting required
- Dashboards currently based on Adobe Flash, but HTML5 coming
- Flow support is optional and part of an OEM agreement
- More expensive than WhatsUp Gold
This story, "Review: The best network monitoring system on earth," was originally published at InfoWorld.com. Follow the latest developments in data center and networking at InfoWorld.com. For the latest business technology news, follow InfoWorld.com on Twitter.
Read more about data center in InfoWorld's Data Center Channel.