- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: September 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I'm having trouble getting my PC "trusted" since I installed Windows 8. When I go into Action Center and select "Trust this PC" it just redirects to Live account and nothing else happens. It's one of those things that is (or should be) super simple, but it's driving me nuts.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- It's pretty easy. Microsoft has a step-by-step guide on the Windows Phone website. http://www.windowsphone.com/en-US/how-to/wp8/apps/how-do-i-install-apps-...
5 weeks 4 days ago
- And cue conspiracy theories from The Guardian in 3.....2......1........conspiracy theory!
8 weeks 2 days ago
- henyfoxe asks Does it still make sense for HP to re-enter the smartphone market, and how could they do it?A little over a year after HP killed Palm and put webOS out to pasture in 2011, CEO Meg Whitman has been talking about HP introducing a new smartphone as an important part of the company's future. To be fair, the decision to throw webOS on the trash heap was made by former CEO Leo Apotheker, not Whitman.
28 weeks 2 days ago
- henyfoxe answers Re: Will the accuracy of election predictions push big data into mainstream consciousness?Somewhat, perhaps, although I don't know if most people will actually use or recognize the terms big data or data analytics. Nate Silver's Five Thirty Eight blog at the NYT, which you referenced, accounted for something like 20% of the NYT's site traffic on the day before the election, so people are clearly interested in the results.
28 weeks 2 days ago
- With all the speculation about the maybe/for sure/possible/not gonna happen iPad Mini being announced tomorrow, I have to wonder what other tablet's sales will be impacted the most - Google's Nexus 7 or Apple's own iPad?
30 weeks 5 days ago
- By default, you should be able to see that. It sounds like it got turned off somehow. Go into VIEW>VISUAL AIDS>INVISIBLE ELEMENTS. When you turn on invisible elements in that menu, you should be able to see the boxes again.
33 weeks 3 days ago
- One accessory that we will be seeing a lot of is the $30 adaptor that allows older accessories that use the iPhone through iPhone 4's 30 pin connector to work with the iPhone 5's new 8 pin connector.
36 weeks 2 days ago
38 weeks 5 days ago
- At Black Hat, one thing that came up was security issues related to NFC (near field communications) on mobile devices. This is an area of concern that is new to me. As NFC becomes a standard feature on more devices, how much of a risk does it really pose?
42 weeks 1 day ago
- The recent market share of the various browsers indicates that your concerns are shared by many users. Firefox's share of the browser market has been slipping while Chrome, whose rapid update model Mozilla tried to replicate, has been increasing.
43 weeks 4 days ago
- Most of us probably remember the tech bubble of the 90s, when you could pretty much add .com to the end of any word and get start up capital thrown at you by the millions. I may be exaggerating, but not by much. Unfortunately, that "tech bubble" burst, and a lot of people lost a lot of money as a result.
51 weeks 4 days ago
- There are quite a few good headphones out there, although not at $10 as you have realized. My favorite in-ear style are Klipsch Image S5i ear buds. I use them every day, and I think I spent about $125 on them. Once you get to the $100 price point you can start to find much better products.
51 weeks 4 days ago
- Canonical is apparently making a concerted effort to break into the consumer and enterprise market with Precise Pangolin, aka Ubuntu 12.04. Linux has been wildly successful in many areas, but I think it is fair to say that desktop OS is not one of them.
1 year 1 week ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.