- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- I had the pleasure of speaking with Bryan Kirschner, Director of the Apigee Institute, a new research and strategy organization at Apigee committed to helping businesses extend their leadership in this new digital world.
24 weeks 4 days ago
- Help! I’m a software tester specializing in accounting systems and have been out of work for over a year. A few months ago I was offered a job testing mobile apps, but didn’t accept it because I’m an accounting system tester. Other than that, I’ve had no job offers.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- I have been a Project Manager for about five years and have successfully been leading dotted line resources and meeting my project deadlines. How do I make the jump from project management to people management?
26 weeks 3 days ago
- I’m job hunting for a new IT job. What are the advantages and disadvantages of working at a big company versus a small company?
27 weeks 3 days ago
- I love my job as a Project Manager and hope to be one for many years to come. Do you foresee any major changes in the Project Manager job market in future years?
28 weeks 2 days ago
- I consider myself to be a highly skilled and experienced programmer, but no matter what I do I can’t seem to get a job. Is there something I’m missing?
29 weeks 4 days ago
- Want to know what IT hiring managers are looking for in the candidates they hire? Read on!
30 weeks 3 days ago
- IT by its nature has various conflicting goals which can occasionally cause stress and conflict within IT.
31 weeks 3 days ago
- To those who have emailed me asking what specific technologies they should learn or what IT trends you should follow, here is my reply.
32 weeks 3 days ago
- I’m a DBA with a working knowledge of Oracle, SQL Server, and MySQL. I have been reading more and more about big data, should I learn Hadoop?
33 weeks 2 days ago
- I’m considering two different job offers, one is project oriented and one is process oriented, which one will be best for my career?
34 weeks 3 days ago
- The concept here is that even though you are working for a company, an entrepreneurial spirit and mentality can help you find opportunities to save money, improve processes, or increase revenue.
35 weeks 5 days ago
- I’m a poor writer, but I read lots of great technical blogs that I would like to share with people I know and maybe add my thoughts on what they have written. Any idea how I can do this in a way that helps both me and the bloggers I like to read?
36 weeks 4 days ago
- Making the decision to move forward toward an advanced college degree brings with it years of personal commitment, large sums of money. It could be of great value to you or simply an interesting distraction based on its alignment with your professional goals.
37 weeks 3 days ago
- My company just promoted me from Associate Software Developer to Software Developer. They didn't give me any money with it so what’s the big deal?
38 weeks 4 days ago
- I was just promoted from a Java programming job to Manager of Software Development. As a manager, what else do I need to know in addition to my technical skills?
39 weeks 5 days ago
- I’m a project manager and it seems that I spend more time reading and writing emails than managing my project. Any ideas? This email volume is killing me and my project.
40 weeks 3 days ago
- I’m a DBA (Data Base Administrator) and am worried about my job. My company said that they will be including cloud-based applications as part of their system strategy moving forward. Should I start looking for a new job or stick it out and see what happens?
41 weeks 3 days ago
- Eric Bloom shared Hey Gen Y’er, want a promotion? Communicate like an old guy on StumbleUponBefore I offend anyone by the title of this column, by old guy, I mean people like me, Baby Boomers in senior management positions. Certainly, this includes people of both genders, but I’m male so thus the column is named.
42 weeks 4 days ago
- Eric Bloom shared Hey Gen Y’er, want a promotion? Communicate like an old guy on TwitterBefore I offend anyone by the title of this column, by old guy, I mean people like me, Baby Boomers in senior management positions. Certainly, this includes people of both genders, but I’m male so thus the column is named.
42 weeks 4 days ago
- As a Business Analyst, should I care what technology the IT department is using?
42 weeks 4 days ago
- A digital hybrid is a person that’s part digital native and part Digital Immigrant.
43 weeks 4 days ago
- Before I offend anyone by the title of this column, by old guy, I mean people like me, Baby Boomers in senior management positions. Certainly, this includes people of both genders, but I’m male so thus the column is named.
44 weeks 6 days ago
- I don’t get it! I’ve been trying to get an entry level job in IT and am being told they require experience? What do I do?
45 weeks 5 days ago
- Please provide advice. I want to work in the computer industry. Should I get a computer oriented college degree or my Cisco certification?
46 weeks 4 days ago