Leveraging your power at work

By Terry R. Bacon, Computerworld |  IT Management, insider

Power at work is like power in a battery -- more voltage means more impact.

Today, almost half of working professionals say that they're dissatisfied with their jobs, according to a recent survey by consulting firm Accenture . However, only 30% of the respondents said that they have plans to switch employers. The remaining 70% said they want to pursue better opportunities in-house. If you're one of the latter, I've got good news for you.

According to my research on power and influence among leaders worldwide, you have numerous sources of power available to you at work, some stemming from your position in the company and others from your personal attributes and abilities. Here's a look at five power sources and ways to plug in and increase your professional voltage, no matter where you are on the org chart.

To continue reading, register here to become an Insider. You'll get free access to premium content from CIO, Computerworld, CSO, InfoWorld, and Network World. See more Insider content or sign in.


Originally published on Computerworld |  Click here to read the original story.
Join us:
Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Tumblr

LinkedIn

Google+

Join us:
Facebook

Twitter

Pinterest

Tumblr

LinkedIn

Google+

Ask a Question
randomness