- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Back in October '13, somewhere in excess of 150 million passwords were stolen in an Adobe data breach. Is there a way I can find out if I was one of the “lucky” ones?
19 hours 47 min ago
- I know that there are all sorts of malware out there, just waiting on an Emma Watson search (I didn’t just make that up, incidentally, it’s the search with the highest risk of ending up at a malicious site). Ransomware that holds your computer hostage until you pay the criminals money seems pretty bad to me.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- How can I tell the date on which Windows was installed on a PC?
3 weeks 2 days ago
- I’ve been using Google+ much more than Facebook for over a year now. Now that Google is starting to let Google+ users have custom URLs, how can I get one?
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Is there a way to easily determine whether an iPhone is an iPhone 4 or an iPhone 4S?
5 weeks 3 days ago
- Now that Salesforce has decided to shut down Do.com, what are some good alternatives to it? I thought it was a great task management service, not sure why Salesforce made this decision.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- jackson asks How can I be sure a tape backup is working properly and preserving all of the backed-up data?We have an older Travan tape drive for network backups at our office. Is there a good way to make sure it is working properly and creating accurate backups?
7 weeks 4 days ago
- jackson answers Re: Why has the roll-out of Affordable Care Act (aka Obamacare) websites been so troubled?It remains to be seen how quickly these issues will be sorted out.
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Good pick with Super Mario 64, although I think Super Mario Bros. is also a strong contender for essentially saving the video game industry and elevating Nintendo to prominence. The original Halo on the XBox was groundbreaking, and introduced a lot of people to awesome multiplayer FPS.
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Here is a discussion of the differences between the two on Quora. For starters, Hadoop is not a database. http://www.quora.com/For-a-layman-what-is-the-difference-between-MongoDB...
8 weeks 3 days ago
- My mom is still using Windows Vista on an old Dell PC, and despite my best efforts, i.e. “Mom, I will buy you a new computer and set it up for you,” she doesn’t want to change. Ugh.
9 weeks 18 hours ago
- Are existing USB 2.0 cables compatible with the new USB 3.0 devices, or will we have to buy all new cables?
13 weeks 6 days ago
- What would I need to do to pair a bluetooth device (a smartphone in this instance) with an Ubuntu machine?
15 weeks 3 days ago
- Go to the Security Preferences dialog box. Once you have that open, then you can change it in the Configure Signature Appearance box.
17 weeks 1 day ago
- jackson asks Is a smartphone hotspot adequate to do work on a laptop in a location with only data coverage?I’m going on vacation in a few days, but I have work that needs to be done on a daily basis. Unfortunately, where I am going shows only data coverage from Sprint, my carrier. Not 3G, just "data". I’ve used my phone as a hotspot with a 3G connection and that was acceptable, albeit pretty slow.
17 weeks 6 days ago
- There has to be a way to change the default search engine from Bing when using Internet Explorer Metro on a Windows 8 machine. How do you do it?
20 weeks 13 hours ago
- What is the field size of a Long Text field in Access?
21 weeks 3 days ago
- jackson asks Can Bitcoin survive cease and desist demands from states (California and Illinois so far)?Bitcoin has received a lot of attention from both the Federal and state governments recently, and I know of at least two, CA and IL, that have taken administrative actions questioning the legality of Bitcoin transactions with (claimed) proper financial licenses.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- It looks like I’m going to be responsible for database maintenance using Access 2013. I’ve never used it before and I’m a little intimidated going forward. How hard is Access 2013 for a new use to learn? Does it require coursework or can it be picked up with a little effort?
24 weeks 18 hours ago
- This might sound like a teenager’s question, but it isn’t. I was in a car with someone who isn’t directly my superior, but definitely is higher up the ladder than me. While we were on the way to a meeting with him driving, he starts texting.
25 weeks 1 day ago
- If you are a Redditor, you know what I’m talking about. If not, I suppose the answer would be “not at all.” I try not to obsess about it, but often I find that I do, and take it personally when I get downvoted. How much does it matter to most people? Do you just accept and move on, or cry in your coffee about it?
27 weeks 1 day ago
- 1. Go to http://wordpress.org/themes/ and pick out a theme. 2. Download the zip file and extract it. 3. Open FTP client and connect to host server. 4. Go to the wp-content/themes directory. 5. Move the theme folder to the theme directory. 6. Select the theme through your dashboard.
28 weeks 3 days ago
- jackson asks What's the difference between Google's Play Music All Access and all the other music streaming choices?Google has started a Google Play Music All Access (what a terrible name) service that seems to me to be pretty darn similar to Pandora, Spotify, et al. Does it bring anything new to streaming music that differentiates it from all the other services? I might be willing to give it a try, but to be honest I'm already pretty happy with Pandora.
28 weeks 3 days ago
- Does anyone know a good guide for how to detect and redirect website visitors that are using mobile devices/browsers?
29 weeks 3 days ago
- It looks like YouTube is going to add fee based subscriptions to YouTube. While I definitely prefer the a la carte method to paying tons of money for cable that I mostly don't want, I'm starting to feel like I'm not saving very much over "cutting the cord" if every media source starts hitting me up for $10 or so each month.
30 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.