- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Jaikumar Vijayan covers data security and privacy issues, financial services security and e-voting for Computerworld. Follow Jaikumar on Twitter at @jaivijayan.
Areas of Interest:
- InBloom said its initiative would have allowed schools to offer customized instruction to students.
1 day 4 hours ago
- Texas EquuSearch contends that FAA rules do not bar drones for 'humanitarian use'.
2 days 7 hours ago
- The Securities and Exchange Commission plans to review the cyber defenses of 50 Wall Street broker-dealers and investment advisers to determine whether they are prepared for potential cyber threats.
3 days 4 hours ago
- The U.S. commercial drone industry is still struggling to get off the ground more than two years after President Obama signed into law a bill that permits the civilian use of unmanned aerial vehicles (UAV) over the country's airspace.
6 days 13 hours ago
- Louisiana and Pennsylvania could become the latest states to impose restrictions on the use of commercial drone aircraft over their airspace.
1 week 1 day ago
- Many banking, mobile payment apps connect to servers vulnerable to OpenSSL flaw, says Trend Micro.
1 week 6 days ago
- A federal court in New Jersey this week affirmed the Federal Trade Commission's contention that it can sue companies on charges related to data breaches, a major victory for the agency.
2 weeks 7 hours ago
- Most enterprise security organizations are unlikely to have a spamming refrigerator on top of their list of things to worry about. But news earlier this year that an Internet-connected fridge was co-opted into a botnet that sent spam to tens of thousands of Internet users is sure to have piqued the interest of at least a few.
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Reauthorization was needed to ensure continuity while changes are made, feds say.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Industry efforts to shore up payment card security after the massive data breach at Target appear to be devolving into a battle over chip vs. PIN technology between retailers and credit card companies.
4 weeks 54 min ago
- Business groups in a growing number of companies appear to be plowing ahead on data analytics projects with little input or help from their own IT organizations.
4 weeks 2 days ago
- Some financial services companies are looking to migrate their ATM fleets from Windows to Linux in a bid to have better control over hardware and software upgrade cycles.
5 weeks 5 hours ago
- Less than 40% of U.S.'s 425,000 ATM systems will have migrated off Windows XP
5 weeks 22 hours ago
- AvMed agrees to set aside $3 million for breach victims, whether they suffered direct harm or not.
5 weeks 3 days ago
- Companies that suffer major data breaches almost always portray themselves as victims of cutting edge attack techniques and tools. The reality, though, is often much more mundane.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Security experts say many airlines lack the latest tracking equipment; it's still unclear what was carried on missing Malaysia Airlines plane.
6 weeks 2 days ago
- After 20-plus years of service, the technology remains a core part of the IT security stack despite its long predicted demise.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- RSA panel compares enterprise fears of cloud security to early, now eased, concerns about virtualization technology.
8 weeks 13 hours ago
- In the battle between enterprises and malicious hackers, the bad guys are clearly winning, judging by the sheer number of people and exhibitors at the RSA security conference going on here this week.
8 weeks 1 day ago
- The University of Texas at San Antonio (UTSA) tops a somewhat unexpected list of schools that are considered by security practitioners as the best in the country for cybersecurity courses and degree programs.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- Three in four have no processes for managing keys that provide access to critical servers.
8 weeks 5 days ago
- A senior executive from Visa Inc. dismissed concerns over the manner in which the Europay MasterCard Visa (EMV) chip card standard is being implemented in the U.S. and insisted the move will yield significant security benefits for retailers, consumers and banks.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- A Ford executive told U.S. Sen. Al Franken (D-Minn.) that the automaker does not collect or share location data from cars without the operator's explicit permission.
10 weeks 4 hours ago
- Tokenization addresses gaps in EMV smartcard standard, says indsutry group.
10 weeks 1 day ago
- Separating post-Target hype from the reality.
10 weeks 2 days ago
- 1 of 10
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.