- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
2 weeks 6 days ago
- On my new Android phone, Polaris Viewer is included, takes up a lot of storage space, and cannot be deleted. Why can’t it be deleted, is it some sort of necessary app? What is it used for?
8 weeks 6 days ago
- When I import data sometimes I get a minus sign after the number (1234-) instead of before (-1234) to display a negative value. How can I fix it so the minus sign is in front of the numbers when I import data in Excel 2013?
17 weeks 5 hours ago
- Can you use Google’s new Chomecast TV dongle with an iPad, or does it only work with Android devices?
18 weeks 3 days ago
- If I upgrade from my old copy of Office ‘97 to Office 2013, are there any file conversion issues?
24 weeks 4 days ago
- Honestly, I'd say that the greatest security threat is probably losing your device or having it stolen, especially if you don't use a lock screen. After that, malware probably is the biggest threat. Objectively, I really don't know how much good anti-virus programs do.
26 weeks 5 days ago
- Zynga just laid off almost 20% of it’s workforce, and closed offices in New York, Dallas and LA. Frankly, I’m something of a Zynga hater due to all the dumb request their games generate on Facebook, but I don't like to see anyone lose their job.
26 weeks 6 days ago
- I put this in the category of rumors that would never become reality, but apparently Facebook is actually coming out with their own hardware. I have to ask why? Every smartphone I know of has a Facebook app, or at least there is one available. What more can Facebook do?
36 weeks 16 hours ago
- I'm looking at getting a new tablet, and pretty much have it down to a Surface or a Nexus 10. I have an Android phone, but I've also had a work issued iPhone, and one think I like is using the screen lock pattern instead of entering a PIN.
39 weeks 6 days ago
- I was thinking of teaching myself how to build mobile apps. I was going to try iOS at first, but I don't want to have to learn Objective-C from scratch just to get started. Since Android apps use Java, which I am at least familiar with (although far from accomplished) I though that would be much easier out of the gates.
47 weeks 5 days ago
- I don't like how my message previews let anyone nearby see my messages. How can I disable this on an iPhone 4S?
1 year 1 week ago
- I was thinking about getting an iPhone 5, which would put me in the Apple universe for the first time. I've never had a Mac, iPod, iPhone - really nothing Apple at all. Are my existing computers compatible with iCloud, or would I only be able to access it with the iPhone?
1 year 1 week ago
- At times work sounds like we have a Blackhawk chopper getting ready to take off with all the cooling fans running. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. A little. But it is pretty noisy.
1 year 4 weeks ago
- My current HTC is about a year old, and runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). I don't really need to replace it, but Christmas is coming up, and new phones have a tendency to show up in my stocking on Christmas day if I drop a few hints as to what I want.
1 year 4 weeks ago
- I was updating my resume, and removing the useless information to make it less cluttered and (hopefully) more compelling. Does knowing Python still have any value to potential employers? I learned it, oh I don't even know exactly, perhaps 6-7 years ago.
1 year 12 weeks ago
- Don't let Amazon off the hook, they were the ones that helped provide the keys to the his iCloud account! It was gaming the system by some punk, not hacking, and reflects that while Apple may have gotten security right in many ways, they didn't think through the entire system. In hindsight it seems obvious.
1 year 16 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.