- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- I’ve almost convinced myself to get a PS4, but I’m a little concerned about being limited to 500gb of internal storage in light of the size of games and increasing popularity of downloading “retail” titles. Can an external hard drive be added to a PS4 for additional storage?
4 hours 1 min ago
- You are in luck because of the 7.1 update, which will work better for you than iOS 7. As GorgeRang pointed out, iOS 7 didn’t seem to play that well with the iPhone 4. If you want to experience apps crashing on a slow iPhone, try iOS7 on an iPhone 4.
5 weeks 23 hours ago
- jdixon asks Do PS4 owners need to purchase a PlayStation Network membership to use the system online?I was looking at both the PS4 and the XBox One, and it seems like the PS4 is the less expensive option, both initially ($400 vs. $500) and on a continuing basis because of the XBox One requirement to purchase a gold membership each year to use Netflix, Amazon Streaming Video, Hulu, play games online, etc.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- Nintendo posted yet another annual loss, thanks largely to slow sales of the Wii U system. I’ve read a lot of articles advocating saying that Nintendo should ditch hardware and start publishing it games on mobile devices, something NIntendo has resisted. Like many adults, I grew up with Nintendo, and I want them to be around for a long time.
11 weeks 4 days ago
- You can also go into msconfig (System Configuration) and use Selective Startup to stop unnecessary programs from starting on boot. It can make a huge difference.
11 weeks 4 days ago
- I’ve been using Outlook with Gmail (though IMAP) for years, but now that I’ve enabled 2-factor authentication, I’m having trouble with it. Can I still use Outlook if I use two factor authentication?
13 weeks 5 days ago
- I partitioned a microSD card using Mini-tool Partition Wizard on my PC, which worked great, except I reversed the size of my partitions. I needed FAT32 to be 4GB and the EXT 2 to be 12GB for an app linking application on my Android phone, but I did it backwards (EXT 2 is 4GB).
16 weeks 4 days ago
22 weeks 23 hours ago
- On my new Android phone, Polaris Viewer is included, takes up a lot of storage space, and cannot be deleted. Why can’t it be deleted, is it some sort of necessary app? What is it used for?
28 weeks 10 hours ago
- When I import data sometimes I get a minus sign after the number (1234-) instead of before (-1234) to display a negative value. How can I fix it so the minus sign is in front of the numbers when I import data in Excel 2013?
36 weeks 1 day ago
- Can you use Google’s new Chomecast TV dongle with an iPad, or does it only work with Android devices?
37 weeks 4 days ago
- If I upgrade from my old copy of Office ‘97 to Office 2013, are there any file conversion issues?
43 weeks 5 days ago
- Honestly, I'd say that the greatest security threat is probably losing your device or having it stolen, especially if you don't use a lock screen. After that, malware probably is the biggest threat. Objectively, I really don't know how much good anti-virus programs do.
45 weeks 6 days ago
- Zynga just laid off almost 20% of it’s workforce, and closed offices in New York, Dallas and LA. Frankly, I’m something of a Zynga hater due to all the dumb request their games generate on Facebook, but I don't like to see anyone lose their job.
46 weeks 21 hours ago
- I put this in the category of rumors that would never become reality, but apparently Facebook is actually coming out with their own hardware. I have to ask why? Every smartphone I know of has a Facebook app, or at least there is one available. What more can Facebook do?
1 year 3 weeks ago
- I'm looking at getting a new tablet, and pretty much have it down to a Surface or a Nexus 10. I have an Android phone, but I've also had a work issued iPhone, and one think I like is using the screen lock pattern instead of entering a PIN.
1 year 6 weeks ago
- I was thinking of teaching myself how to build mobile apps. I was going to try iOS at first, but I don't want to have to learn Objective-C from scratch just to get started. Since Android apps use Java, which I am at least familiar with (although far from accomplished) I though that would be much easier out of the gates.
1 year 14 weeks ago
- I don't like how my message previews let anyone nearby see my messages. How can I disable this on an iPhone 4S?
1 year 20 weeks ago
- I was thinking about getting an iPhone 5, which would put me in the Apple universe for the first time. I've never had a Mac, iPod, iPhone - really nothing Apple at all. Are my existing computers compatible with iCloud, or would I only be able to access it with the iPhone?
1 year 21 weeks ago
- At times work sounds like we have a Blackhawk chopper getting ready to take off with all the cooling fans running. Ok, maybe I'm exaggerating. A little. But it is pretty noisy.
1 year 23 weeks ago
- My current HTC is about a year old, and runs Android 4.0 Ice Cream Sandwich (ICS). I don't really need to replace it, but Christmas is coming up, and new phones have a tendency to show up in my stocking on Christmas day if I drop a few hints as to what I want.
1 year 23 weeks ago
- I was updating my resume, and removing the useless information to make it less cluttered and (hopefully) more compelling. Does knowing Python still have any value to potential employers? I learned it, oh I don't even know exactly, perhaps 6-7 years ago.
1 year 32 weeks ago
- Don't let Amazon off the hook, they were the ones that helped provide the keys to the his iCloud account! It was gaming the system by some punk, not hacking, and reflects that while Apple may have gotten security right in many ways, they didn't think through the entire system. In hindsight it seems obvious.
1 year 36 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.