- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- I have an Epson NX230 at home that I suspect has a clogged ink cartridge. It hasn’t printed very many pages, but it sat unused for a couple of months. Is there any way to clean a clogged ink cartridge?
4 days 1 hour ago
- Go into your contacts and find the “contact” for whom you want to set a custom ring, then tap “Edit” at the top right of the page. This will switch to edit mode, where you should see Ringtone….Default. Tap on “Default” to bring up your other ringtone options. Pick the one you want, and you should be all set.
6 days 10 hours ago
- The easiest way is to use a scanner. There used to be a free online scanner from Seconia, but it’s been discontinued. They still offer a free scanner, but now you have to download it (free for individuals, it’s only a free trial for businesses). http://secunia.com/vulnerability_scanning/online/?task=intro
6 days 11 hours ago
- I suggest going with virtualdub, an open source option. Just open the GIF as a video file and save it as an AVI. http://www.virtualdub.org/
1 week 1 day ago
- I sometimes get an error message when I try to upload files to SkyDrive/OneDrive that says “the file name contains characters that are not allowed.” Ok, I’m fine with that, but it doesn’t tell me which characters are forbidden. Other than trial and error, is there any way to tell which characters are not allowed by SkyDrive?
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Is there a way to check to see if my Snapchat details were compromised in the recent breach? It’s getting hard to keep track of all the data breaches, there have been so many lately.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Here is another "how-to" so you have options! http://ios.wonderhowto.com/how
16 weeks 1 day ago
- I know the basics of SEO, such as keyword optimization and quality content, but what are some things that are commonly overlooked that should be considered for better optimization?
16 weeks 5 days ago
- jluppino answers Re: can you create two vlans with one access point e.g (prioritizing voice packets over data passing through the same access point through wireless switching)?.Could you use RSVP (Resource Reservation Protocol) to ensure QoS? More infor about RSVP, if you are interested: http://www.hep.ucl.ac.uk/~ytl/qos/rsvp_01.htm
16 weeks 5 days ago
- Is there a way to assign a static drive letter (such as (R:) drive or (S:) drive) to a flash drive so that I always get the same drive designation when I use it?
17 weeks 1 day ago
- Western Digital is releasing a 6TB HDD that is supposed to be more energy efficient and have greater capacity than other HDDs. How does being filled with helium improve on the efficiency of a HDD?
17 weeks 6 days ago
- They will try again and again and again. At least this time it might be a little less Orwellian, according to Mother Jones. Donate to EFF, write and call your Senators and Representatives.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- Just go to one of the PCs that you already have connected to the network and get it from there. Assuming you are running Windows, Open Network and Sharing Center (right click the WiFi signal icon). Then: 1. Select Change Adapter Settings 2. Right click WiFi Network Connection, and select Status.
19 weeks 5 days ago
- I upgraded from Windows 7 to Windows 8, and now I can’t get my printer to work. It’s an HP Color LaserJet 8550 and it worked fine prior to the upgrade. I can’t find any driver updates to install. Any suggestions?
20 weeks 1 day ago
- You can try to contact Google by telephone, but I’m not sure how successful that will be. The main telephone number is 650-253-0000. You can find other links for technical support at http://www.google.com/contact/ Good luck!
23 weeks 8 hours ago
- Some fairly significant benefits are going to be lower expenditures for hardware and energy costs and a much easier disaster recovery process, in addition to the relative ease of recovery in the event of a hardware failure.
23 weeks 9 hours ago
- You can’t really work with Google Docs offline, the best you can do (at least as far as I know) is view Docs offline. To do so, you will have to (1) use the Chrome browser, and (2) install the Google Docs Chrome extension.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- Unsharp Masking identifies pixels that are different that surrounding pixels (you can set both the amount of difference and radius of the pixels that will be compared). Photoshop will then increase the contrast of those pixels, again by the amount you specify.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- From Microsoft Community Answers:
25 weeks 6 days ago
- I have a laptop that has a screen that is so dark that you can really only see it when you are in a dark room with no lights. I’ve tried all the setting changes I could think of in the control panel, but nothing seemed to help. Any ideas of what the problem could be? Do you think it is a bad screen?
26 weeks 3 days ago
- Would it be possible to use a MacBook’s display as a temporary monitor for a PC (with a broken monitor)?
27 weeks 5 days ago
- Hmmm, there was a problem with instal
29 weeks 1 day ago
- Which would you get for personal use along with some light business use (word processing, spreadsheets, email, that sort of thing)? Oh, and I’m buying out of pocket.
29 weeks 4 days ago
- Install the Android System Info App or SystemPanel Lite Task Manager and you can see m
30 weeks 4 hours ago
- AT&T offers a Cisco 3G Microcell to get “5 bar coverage in your home.” I thought it was a signal booster or repeater at first, but when I looked at it closer, it connects to your broadband internet. Also, AT&T charges standard 3G data usage rates while you are using a 3G Microcell connection.
31 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.