- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- What is the terminal command to get rid of dashboard widgets in OS X?
6 days 12 hours ago
- Nothing earth shattering that I’ve seen. Some things are of modest interest to me, for example, the new WiFi direct printing, so I won’t have to mess around with different drivers. Remote data wipe that allows you to remotely wipe business data on employees personal machines is a nice built-in feature too.
2 weeks 15 hours ago
- When you issue an invitation asking for Remote Assistance in Windows 8, it stays valid for a long time (six hours). Is there a way to make the invitation valid for a shorter period of time? Thanks.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- jluppino answers Re: What is the new "administrative fee" for that AT&T is adding to wireless bills?The CEO of AT&T only made $22.2 million dollars last year. How do you expect a brother to scrape by on that? Have you seen the price of a Senator or Congressman these days? It's outrageous! And don't even get me started on the cost of a new Ferrari! Plus they get terrible gas milage.
3 weeks 3 days ago
- I would also suggest you give Akismet a try.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- I actually do consider it, both personally and professionally. I don't buy that "if you don't have anything to hide" argument, if you can even call it an argument. "Absurd position" would be my preferred description. Just because I have nothing to hide doesn't mean I want strangers rummaging through my undie drawer.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- There are a few different apps available: Qustodio, Funamo, Kytephone, Parental Control Board (the one that I like, but only because it's initials sound all hard core in a made-for-TV movie sort of way).
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Is there a way to see log-in history for your gmail account? I suspect that someone I know has, and I've already changed the password, but I'm not sure and I don't want to mention it if they aren't guilty.
7 weeks 3 days ago
- My personal laptop, a 2-year old Compaq, has a battery that has "gone bad." It won't hold a charge for more than 3-4 minutes, which pretty much makes my laptop a marginal desktop with a crummy keyboard at this point. I was looking at replacement batteries, and I can get some replacements for 50% of what an OEM replacement will cost.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- Here you go, straight from the Microsoft Horse's mouth: http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-8/clean-install
11 weeks 15 hours ago
- I honestly thought I was reading an April fool's joke when I first saw an article the Google had "create[d] controversy with Cesar Chavez doodle." Of course, since that was on Fox News, I would have treated that as a joke any day of the year.
11 weeks 16 hours ago
- Apparently Richard Stallman, founder of the Free Software Foundation and the GNU project, is urging some free software groups not to promote Ubuntu because it sells user data to Amazon. Is he right? Has Ubuntu essentially become a spyware OS?
11 weeks 6 days ago
- Well, Android 5.0 Key Lime Pie (5.0 = Key Lime Pie if you are new to Android nomenclature) should be released shortly, although as far as I know there has not been an official confirmation of the release date. It will probably be announced in May at Google I/O. At this point, pretty much everything about KLP is speculation.
12 weeks 5 days ago
- I HATE companies that make the default to install an unwanted toolbar. What kind of dirtbag approves that decision? I'm looking at you, Oracle.
13 weeks 3 days ago
- Hashing is using an cryptographic algorithm to convert data like a password into a fixed length sting of characters called a fingerprint. Salting is a way to randomize hashes by adding a random string (which is called a salt) before a password is hashed, which makes it much more difficult to crack the password hash.
14 weeks 6 days ago
- One of my friends is from South Korea and likes to watch Korean/Asian videos and programming, but much of the streaming video is region blocked. How can she get around the region blocking so she can watch and listen to content from back home?
15 weeks 3 days ago
- Dust off your essay writing skills. Google will let you apply to be an early adopter, er "Explorer." Basically you need to convince Google that you are super cool. You have to do it pretty soon though, the deadline is February 27, 2013. http://www.google.com/glass/start/how-to-get-one/
16 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 - Boot off the Windows DVD or USB installation media 2 - Choose the "Repair" option, and the command prompt afterwards (the way to get there is different between Windows 7 and 8) 3 - Type in diskpart to get into the partition tool
17 weeks 12 hours ago
- There was a thread that addressed this issue over on the iMore forums. It should point you down the right road, although this thread was for an iPhone 4. One of the posts laid out a process that should be helpful: 1. exit Redsn0w, and unplug device
17 weeks 13 hours ago
- Someone that is moving to Linux from Windows might also like Zorin OS, which has a UI that is very close to Windows 7. I would probably go with either Ubuntu or Mint though - if I wanted a Windows interface, I would stick with Windows.
17 weeks 6 days ago
- I go through earbuds like they are free. I'm in the field quite often, and I also use them (1) at home, (2) in the office, (3) while traveling, (4) at satellite offices, and (5) everyday, everywhere. Unfortunately, I tend to lose them.
18 weeks 4 days ago
- I've had a couple of things that I would rather the person I shared them not reshare with their circles. Obviously, I know that you shouldn't share anything you really want to keep private on a social media network, and I never put anything on there that is really embarrassing or inappropriate.
19 weeks 3 days ago
- It's a way of automating processes between applications, departments or data silos. It's the same thing as Run Book Automation (RBA). Opalis IT Process Automation from Microsoft is one way to integrate System Center with other systems.
19 weeks 6 days ago
- Jailbreaking is analogous to rooting an Android device. In the US it is legal to jailbreak your iPhone, iPad, etc., although it may violate contractual terms and void your warranty.
20 weeks 3 days ago
- You are going to have to get rid of the previous domains. With Lync Online, you can probably just remove the Lync Online license that was assigned to the user. If that doesn't word, you more than likely will have to get in touch with MS tech support.
21 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.