- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- How do CIOs talk, and what do they talk about? How does their manner of speaking set them apart as C-worthy material? And, perhaps the most important question of all: Can a little pussycat learn to growl and purr like a C-level lion? The speaker finished and waited for questions, but the room hesitated.
1 week 2 days ago
- Any guesses on what Sony's Playstation 4 will cost when it launches? Blogger Peter Smith speculates on the price point here: http://www.itworld.com/personal-tech/352709/thoughtful-speculation-ps4-p...
5 weeks 2 days ago
- A majority of tech pros accept the first salary offered, and don't negotiate, leaving money on the table.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- If Windows 8 fails to start, the Automatic Recovery feature should launch automatically and use a combination of a System Restore point and malware scan (+recovery) to get your PC back to a bootable state.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- The live upgrade from XP, Vista or 7 usually fails due to the obvious reasons: active AV product, not enough disk space, incompatible devices plugged in etc.. If none of these typical causes apply, you should check to see if you’ve got a hidden user account created by a driver or an application.
7 weeks 2 days ago
- My first (Spartus) alarm clock (circa 1984).
7 weeks 3 days ago
- You can also send to me - my contact info is on the site in the about us section.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- If yes, we'd love to hear about your experiences. http://www.mobileenterprise360.com/blogs/paulkapustka/yahoos-work-home-b...
11 weeks 2 days ago
- Welcome Derren!
14 weeks 2 days ago
- This is a great article by NetworkWorld. My favorite: "Articulate your dream job". http://www.networkworld.com/news/2013/021213-career-advice-266649.html
14 weeks 3 days ago
- A reader posted this to ITworld's Facebook page. Any experience trying to get a Google Plus account reinstated? He says: This is about an issue I'm having with Google(+).
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft has moved to a new activation method in Windows 8 which means you won’t find the typical COA sticker (Certificate of Authenticity) on the back or bottom of your machine.
15 weeks 1 day ago
15 weeks 1 day ago
- Are you deaf or hard of hearing and watch TV or movies online? If so, what provider or service do you use? What’s your experience with online video captioning since the end of September?
20 weeks 1 day ago
- I can't recommend a "best" emulator, but here are some I've run across ... BrowserStack -- Used by (among others) AT&T, Salesforce, United Airlines, Wikipedia, Expedia, Yelp. Cost ranges from $19 (individual) to $169 (corporate) a month.
20 weeks 3 days ago
- My password management has run amok, I have too many complicated passwords to keep track of. How many is too many?
22 weeks 1 day ago
- I've been cced on an email thread in Outlook that I have no interest in following. How do I get off of it? (or just mute it?)
24 weeks 1 day ago
- Good post on Computerworld about Hot jobs, and why location matters. http://blogs.computerworld.com/it-careers/21165/hot-it-jobs-why-location...
30 weeks 4 days ago
- IT-business alignment has been a hot topic for years, and it's never been more important. What it's called, and how it's achieved is often debated, but the end game is still the same - to build a stronger, more innovative and ruthlessly competitive organization.
31 weeks 2 days ago
- A Start menu substitute can greatly reduce the shock of using Windows 8. Here are three alternatives that produce a reasonable experience.
33 weeks 1 day ago
- Interesting research from Yahoo research, circa 2011 Badges in Social Media: A Social Psychological Perspective http://research.yahoo.com/pub/3469
34 weeks 3 days ago
- An unpublished study commissioned by SAP and completed in July by IDG found discontent with data management systems brewing among IT executives.
34 weeks 5 days ago
- Here's the story. What do you think? http://www.itworld.com/software/295601/google-tool-ports-java-code-andro... Google opens the door for Android developers writing in Java to port apps to the iPhone with their open-source j2ObjC (Java to Objective-C) tool.
35 weeks 5 days ago
- ITworld's Phil Johnson is also live tweeting/blogging the event here: http://www.itworld.com/mobile-wireless/294596/live-tweeting-iphone-5-ann...
36 weeks 3 days ago
- You've finally decided to purchase a new Mac -- whether it's your first, a replacement, or for school -- you'll need to consider a lot of things. Do you buy a notebook, emphasizing portability; or get an iMac, focusing on power in your home? Or maybe – with an all-day battery in concert with instant-on reliability - all you need is an iPad? If you're not sure what to get, here's what you need to keep in mind before heading to the Apple store.
36 weeks 4 days ago
- 1 of 2
- Here's how you can install GNOME Shell 3.8 to your Ubuntu system.
16 hours 19 min ago
- Here's how you can install GNOME Shell 3.8 to your Linux Mint 15 computer.
16 hours 20 min ago
- Here's how you can install the Enlightenment E17 desktop in Ubuntu 13.04.
16 hours 25 min ago
16 hours 26 min ago
- Here's how you can download the ROM Manager app free for Android devices.
16 hours 31 min ago
- Here's how you can download the Fast Notification for Facebook app free for Android devices.
16 hours 36 min ago
- Here's how you can download the Fast for Facebook app free for Android devices.
16 hours 40 min ago
- Here's how you can clear the Facebook app's cache, to improve its performance.
16 hours 43 min ago
- Here's a quick way to get to the Facebook app's settings on Android.
16 hours 46 min ago
- Here's how you can change your notifications settings in the Facebook app for Android.
16 hours 49 min ago
- Here's how you can download the Box app free for Android devices.
19 hours 49 min ago
- jimlynch answers Re: How do you respond to a job interviewer that asks to see your social media activity?I'd thank them for their interest, then I'd wish them a good day. Then I'd leave. Who wants to work for a nosey company like that? Thanks, but I'll pass. It's their loss, and perhaps it will get them to reexamine their intrusive policy.
19 hours 58 min ago
- I agree with Becker, MP3 makes sense. And so many people have used that format, it's very widespread. So you'd be using a defacto standard for the most part.
20 hours 10 sec ago
- VP9 http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/VP9 "VP9 has many design improvements compared to VP8. VP9 will support the use of superblocks of 32×32 pixels and the developers are considering adding support for superblocks of 64×64 pixels. A quadtree coding structure will be used with the superblocks.
20 hours 1 min ago
- DFU Mode http://theiphonewiki.com/wiki/DFU_Mode "Entering DFU Mode (Official Instructions) Plug your device into your computer. Turn off the device. Hold the Power button for 3 seconds Hold the Home button without releasing the Power button for 10 seconds Release the Power Button but keep holding the Home button
20 hours 2 min ago
- Envision yourself peeing at a urinal. Then take note of the fellow next to you wearing Google Glass. He could be taking a photo of you at the urinal with a blink of his eye. How do you feel now? It'd be a lot more obvious if he tried to use a smartphone.
20 hours 3 min ago
- jimlynch answers Re: What's the difference between Google's Play Music All Access and all the other music streaming choices?I think it's six of one, and half dozen of the other. Apple will be jumping in soon as well. Everybody wants a piece of Pandora's market. Will they succeed? We'll find out. Personally though, I wouldn't use any of them. But I'm a music luddite like that. Heh.
20 hours 4 min ago
- It will be hard probably to find a telecommuting job right out of the gate. You're probably better off working in an office environment, then seeing if the company will let you telecommute once you've proven yourself.
20 hours 19 min ago
- jimlynch answers Re: Is Nintendo making a big mistake by demanding advertising revenue from fan videos?It's quite stupid and ham-handed. Nintendo will lose customers over this, and it'll probably cost them far more than the paltry ad revenue they get. Serves them right.
20 hours 21 min ago
- I see your question has been answered. Here's a link to lots of free WordPress themes: http://wordpress.org/themes/
20 hours 22 min ago
- Price of Xbox One may be less than 360 say insiders http://www.independent.co.uk/life-style/gadgets-and-tech/gaming/price-of... "The Xbox One may cost less than the launch price of the Xbox 360, it is believed.
20 hours 23 min ago
- How to use parental controls in Windows 8 http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-57533877-285/how-to-use-parental-con...
20 hours 26 min ago
- Use Gmail's Multiple Inboxes Feature to Manage Multiple Addresses http://lifehacker.com/5157825/use-gmails-multiple-inboxes-feature-to-man... "1. Turn on Multiple Inboxes from the Labs tab under Settings. 2. Set up a filter to auto-archive all mail sent to your work or school address.
20 hours 27 min ago
- How to encrypt your cloud storage for free http://www.pcworld.com/article/2010296/how-to-encrypt-your-cloud-storage...
20 hours 28 min ago
- Password protect your laptop, and use a strong password. Then it won't matter if they touch it, they won't be able to access your data easily.
20 hours 30 min ago
- 1 of 307