- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: April 2011
Bio: John Ribeiro is Bangalore correspondent and reports on outsourcing at IDG News Service.
Areas of Interest:
- Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella wooed India's government and banks on Tuesday with an offer to host cloud services including Azure and Office 365 in the country.
22 hours 9 min ago
- Facebook's appeal against the collection by law enforcement in New York of bulk user data under a gag order has been accepted.
5 days 3 hours ago
- Intel is investing 9 billion yuan (US$1.5 billion) in two Chinese chip companies with an eye to boosting its presence in the country's booming mobile phone market.
5 days 3 hours ago
- Apple has recommended to users of its new iPhone 6 and iPhone 6 Plus smartphones to reinstall iOS 8 after an update Wednesday led to complaints of lost cellular service and functionality on the Touch ID fingerprint identity sensor.
6 days 2 hours ago
- Deutsche Post DHL will launch soon regular drone flights to deliver emergency medicines and other goods to the North Sea island of Juist.
6 days 3 hours ago
- BMC Software has filed a patent infringement suit against ServiceNow, claiming its patents are violated by the rival's IT management technologies.
1 week 3 hours ago
- Google has to improve its settlement terms in an antitrust investigation over its search practices or face charges, following opposition from some quarters to the deal, the European Commission's competition chief Joaquin Almunia said Tuesday.
1 week 23 hours ago
- Car-sharing service Lyft has acquired Hitch, a startup in the mobile app-enabled car-pooling business, to integrate the service with its own shared rides business that it set up last month.
1 week 1 day ago
- A judge in New York has postponed for mediation proceedings a decision on an injunction motion by Getty Images against a Bing widget, which allowed publishers to embed image collages and slideshows from search results on their websites.
1 week 2 days ago
- Legislation introduced in the U.S. Senate on Thursday aims to place limits on access by U.S. law enforcement agencies to emails and other communications stored abroad.
1 week 5 days ago
1 week 6 days ago
- Yelp has agreed to pay US$450,000 to the U.S. Federal Trade Commission to settle charges that the company accepted registrations to its services from children under 13 through its apps.
2 weeks 3 hours ago
- Intel has teamed with Indian education startup Metis Learning on an Android tablet that aims to keep children away from violent TV content and games on their parents' smartphones.
2 weeks 19 hours ago
- The attorney general of the U.S. state of Connecticut is concerned about the privacy implications of Apple Watch's handling of consumers' health information.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Three Indian vendors have launched smartphones based on a Google reference design starting at 6399 Indian rupees (US$105) without operator subsidy, in a bid to grab a share of a growing but competitive segment of the country's smartphone market.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Oracle has signed an agreement to acquire Front Porch Digital, a provider of technology for migrating, managing and monetizing large-scale media content.
2 weeks 2 days ago
- The new Indian government has indicated strong support for a controversial project to require residents to have biometric IDs in order to collect government benefits, setting a target of 1 billion enrollments by 2015.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Snapchat cofounders Evan Spiegel and Robert Murphy have reached a settlement with former Stanford University colleague Frank Reginald "Reggie" Brown over an ownership dispute, admitting that Brown had originally come up with the idea for the app for sending disappearing picture messages.
3 weeks 5 hours ago
- Tech industry organizations have written a letter to leaders in the U.S. Senate, to ask them to swiftly pass the USA Freedom Act, legislation that is expected to end the collection of bulk domestic phone data by the National Security Agency.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Following a lawsuit from Getty Images, Microsoft has temporarily removed the beta of the Bing Image Widget, which lets publishers embed collages and slideshows of images from search results on their Web sites.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Microsoft has unveiled its revamped MSN portal that combines easy access to personal productivity tools and content from a large number of providers.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- Bitcoin backer Charlie Shrem pleaded guilty Thursday of knowingly transmitting money intended to facilitate drug trafficking on the "Silk Road" online underground market, the U.S. Attorney's Office for the Southern District of New York said.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- A court in California has approved a settlement reached earlier this year between eBay and the U.S. Department of Justice over a deal the e-commerce company is said to have reached with Intuit not to hire each other's employees.
4 weeks 4 hours ago
- Samsung Electronics has acquired mobile cloud printing company PrinterOn in a bid to enhance its mobile cloud services to the business-to-business market, the company said Wednesday.
4 weeks 6 hours ago
- John Ribeiro wrote Silicon Valley tech companies use underpaid black and Latino workers, says reportSilicon Valley technology companies use underpaid black, Latino and immigrant workers as janitors, cooks and security guards, according to a study released Monday.
5 weeks 1 day ago
- 1 of 31
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.