- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Juan Carlos Perez
Member since: April 2011
Bio: Juan Carlos Perez is assistant news editor of the Miami Bureau at IDG News Service.
Areas of Interest:
- Microsoft has consolidated the consumer and enterprise editions of OneDrive under a single Android app, a move it plans to replicate across all the platforms that the cloud storage service runs on.
5 days 8 hours ago
- Cotap, a startup launched last year that provides a WhatsApp-like messaging service for the workplace, has integrated its product with four leading cloud storage providers and released a desktop app, as it jockeys for position in the enterprise communications market.
6 days 1 hour ago
- Microsoft has extended the data loss prevention features in Office 365 so that they are available not only for its email tools but also for data in SharePoint Online and OneDrive for Business.
6 days 2 hours ago
- Salesforce.com has renamed and updated its Communities product, which lets companies build social websites where employees, partners and customers can mingle and collaborate.
6 days 11 hours ago
- Jive Software has pushed out updates for the cloud versions of both its enterprise social networking (ESN) suite and its JiveX software for building external online communities.
1 week 7 hours ago
- Google's Slides presentation app can now be used without an Internet connection on iOS devices, joining the two other core office productivity tools in the company's suite, the Docs word processor and Sheets spreadsheet software.
1 week 1 day ago
- Microsoft has tweaked the controls in SharePoint Online to let administrators make better use of storage resources allocated to SharePoint websites.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform, wobbly for more than a week, is again experiencing outages and interruptions that are impacting multiple products in the U.S. and abroad.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Microsoft has developed a document management add-on for Office 365 intended for lawyers, signaling a possible interest by the company in creating vertical-industry tools for the suite.
2 weeks 1 day ago
- Microsoft's Azure cloud computing platform suffered a series of outages and service disruptions in the past week that affected several products and impacted customers in various parts of the world.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Clarizen has upgraded its social collaboration and project management software with improvements to its user interface, charting functionality, discussion forum feature and password administration.
2 weeks 5 days ago
- Microsoft has chosen 10 home automation startups that it will support in various ways through an accelerator program, in the hopes of helping them develop their technologies and products.
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Just in time for the new school year, Google has launched a tool called Classroom that aims to make teachers' harried lives a little easier.
3 weeks 1 hour ago
- Google is boosting Gmail's ability to detect and block malicious emails from spammers and scammers that exploit similarities among Unicode characters to dupe users into clicking on bad links.
3 weeks 3 hours ago
- Igloo's enterprise social networking suite now has task management features, the latest ESN vendor to make such a move.
3 weeks 7 hours ago
- Dropbox has improved the search engine of its Android application, as well as given it a document preview feature.
3 weeks 1 day ago
- Owners of Windows Phone 7 smartphones are apoplectic that Skype no longer works on their devices.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- Say what you will about Satya Nadella's first six months as Microsoft CEO, but no one can deny the man jumped in with both feet from day one and has led the company with decisiveness.
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Dropbox will continue beefing up the business version of its cloud storage and file sharing service, adding security features to shared links, full-text search capabilities and new tools for enterprise developers.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft paid more than $7 billion for Nokia's handset and services business, and the jury is still out as to what it means for its future. In the past quarter it boosted Microsoft's revenue but also ate into its profit.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Strong sales of cloud products to businesses helped lift Microsoft's revenue by 18 percent last quarter, though its profits declined.
6 weeks 2 hours ago
- Microsoft will hold next year a new conference that encompasses its enterprise IT products, including the productivity and server Office software, IT management wares and development tools, and replaces several shows that are narrower in scope.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- Microsoft has been screaming "cloud" in many partners' deaf ears for several years, but the company found a more receptive audience at this week's Worldwide Partner Conference.
6 weeks 4 days ago
- Microsoft's 14 percent staff reduction, the largest in its history and focused heavily on employees acquired from Nokia's devices and services business, has some observers thinking Satya Nadella got a bad case of Lumia-induced indigestion.
6 weeks 5 days ago
- Box has integrated its cloud storage and file share service with Microsoft's Office productivity apps suite, and will offer unlimited capacity to customers of its Business edition, as the company waits for the right time to go public.
7 weeks 7 hours ago
- 1 of 21
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.