- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2012
Areas of Interest:
- Log in using your admin account, then open File Explorer and go to the Desktop. Right click the drive you want to compress (displayed on left side of screen)>Properties>General>Compress This Drive to Save Disk Space>OK. Be prepared to wait, it can take Windows a long time to compress a drive.
1 week 1 day ago
- We are considering switching to a VoIP telephone system, but I have some concerns about voice call quality. I was wondering if anyone who had made the switch could tell me if they or their callers notice the difference between VoIP calls and those over traditional PBX? Thanks.
1 week 6 days ago
- One of the biggest annoyances about otherwise great smartphones is when the battery struggles to make it through a single day of normal use. I'm pretty interested in Google Glass, to the point of considering buying when they become available to the general public, but I'm worried that they will have short battery life.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- kreiley answers Re: What is proper etiquette for using personal social media accounts to promote your company?Proper etiquette is to not do it, or at least do it very rarely. I would say the example you used about posting to your news feed when you had something published is different, because you are really sharing something that you accomplished.
3 weeks 4 days ago
- I don't know how you would be able to do it without root access. You can't effectively use a file explorer to even find data, otherwise. I'm not an app developer, so I may be wrong. Good luck in your efforts, let us know if you succeed.
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Just an FYI, recent news indicates that the next XBox will function when it is not online, at least according to this article, which makes sense unless Microsoft really wants to annoy a large number of potential customers.
6 weeks 1 day ago
- There is no solid rule as to what is the "right" bounce rate (the percentage of site visitors that are leaving, or "bouncing away" after viewing only one page), but I would think for a blog, a 60-70% bounce rate would be reasonable.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- If she first connects to a WiFi network, she should be able to then go to SETTINGS>GENERAL>SOFTWARE UPDATE and update the OS. Here is the complete "How to update your iPhone..." from Apple.
8 weeks 16 min ago
- Well, there is certainly a balancing act - legitimate law enforcement goals, such as prevention of terrorism or other violent crime, have to be weighed against the likewise legitimate and constitutionally secured right of citizens to privacy ("to be secure in their persons, papers, ....").
8 weeks 5 days ago
- I'm trying so hard not to make a "best case scenario" joke......oops!
9 weeks 4 days ago
- What do you to prevent SQL injection attacks beyond simply not allowing raw SQL to be passed to your database?
10 weeks 5 days ago
- To perhaps oversimplify, there is a bit of a compromise between convenience and security. I think most people go with Point-to-Point Tunneling Protocol (PPTP), which is faster and easier to deploy than L2TP, and it may be better suited to your needs as well.
11 weeks 22 hours ago
- HP provides one option that works in mobile environments. http://www8.hp.com/us/en/software-solutions/software.html?compURI=117073...
11 weeks 6 days ago
- Check with your city/town, there might be a municipal recycling/disposal program. Where I live, they started charging to take CRT monitors/TVs, and as a result people were just tossing them in dumpsters, which is actually illegal in my state.
12 weeks 4 days ago
- After seeing your question, I checked keep out for myself. I also use Evernote, and from what I saw from a short look at Keep, there is nothing compelling me to switch. The Android App for Keep isn't compatible with my phone, and Evernote is, so that was a deal breaker right away.
12 weeks 4 days ago
- Boom! Here you go, although whether it is great or not is subjective, and with those glasses........
13 weeks 22 hours ago
- For what? Computer science is going to be comparable in quality of education, resources, and reputation. Academically, both are excellent, although outside of tech/engineering, Berkley is generally going to be far superior.
14 weeks 5 days ago
- Is that an observation or a question? A little more specificity about what you are asking would be helpful.
15 weeks 2 days ago
- That was a buggy update. If you go to the app store, you should be able to download an "updated update" that takes care of the problem. You might have to re-download your books, though.
15 weeks 4 days ago
- I use an Android phone, and one of the first things I always do when I get a new one is root it and remove all of the "bloatware" that the manufacturer and/or carrier installs. I got an iPad recently, and I would like to get rid of the pre-installed apps I will never use. I assume I will need to jailbreak it, but what do I do after that?
15 weeks 4 days ago
- Go into registry editor, regedit.exeMove to HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\Session Manager\Memory Management\PrefetchParameters.Double click "EnablePrefetcher".
15 weeks 6 days ago
- It would be a close call for me, assuming that otherwise the console was a significant step forward. The fact is, I don't mind paying $60 for a blue ribbon, A-level, high production value game, but there are many games that I simply wouldn't even try if I couldn't buy them used.
17 weeks 5 days ago
- How do you reset the Parameter RAM / Non-Volatile RAM on a Mac running Mountain Lion? I've had a couple start-up crashes this week and want to give it a try before I just reinstall OS X. Thanks!
19 weeks 5 days ago
- Previous versions of Exchange have supported 2 versions back, if memory serves. Will Exchange 2013 continue MS's prior practice and support Exchange 2007?
20 weeks 4 days ago
- While the most recently discovered flaws an Java 7 may have been patched, there is still a general warning against using Java by the DHS. And yes, those patched vulnerabilities could be used against Mac systems as well as Windows. Remember the Flashback worm?
21 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.