- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: December 2012
Areas of Interest:
- The two legitimate concerns I hear are (1) do you have access to all of my personal things, and (2) if I agree to you having remote wipe privileges, will you delete all of my messages and photos when/if I leave the company. The answer should obviously be no to both, but I think they are right to ask about it.
5 days 17 hours ago
- There are other choices, Sophos has a free removal tool. It has gotten some poor reviews in the past and is really slow, but it has worked ok for me in most cases. Comodo also makes a free removal tool. Both should work alongside AVG, as far as I know, so you won’t need to uninstall AVG or anything.
5 days 17 hours ago
3 weeks 7 hours ago
- Is there a simple way to find which old links are broken on a website. We have some pretty old blogs entries with links, and I’m sure some of them are bad. I’d rather not go back and check one by one (click...good, click….good, click….not good).
3 weeks 5 days ago
- Twitter is a company that has never earned a single dollar in profit, as far as I know. Yet it priced its IPO at $26 per share, and as I type this just prior to the close of the market on Day 1, it is at $45.04. Is this a realistic value for Twitter? That’s a P/E ratio of something like 25 to 1.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Thanks guys, great info.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- One of the newer variables that I’ve heard of in SEO is author rank, which is apparently quite important in the newest Google search rankings. How do you take this into consideration for SEO purposes?
5 weeks 6 days ago
- You didn’t mention your OS, so I will play the odds and assume it is Windows. I would just use the Windows Sound Troubleshooter. Here is a step-by-step guide to using it from HP.
7 weeks 1 day ago
- Probably the router, even though it is new. I have not found 2Wire hardware to be particularly reliable, and that sounds like a cheap wireless router issue. You can directly connect your computer using a wired connection instead of wireless connection to test it.
7 weeks 6 days ago
- Which fonts have proven to be readable as well as look nice on web sites? Further complicating the decision is the need for text to be readable on small displays such as smartphones and tablets, as well as traditional desktop displays. For printed papers I favor Times New Roman, but I don’t find that to work as well for a web site.
8 weeks 12 hours ago
- The compass on my Android phone (HTC One) is way off. Is there a way to calibrate the compass on Android devices?
9 weeks 5 days ago
- What factors should one be sure to evaluate when choosing a VPS provider?
9 weeks 6 days ago
- Apple really got people to pay attention to the ppi (pixels per inch) of screens with the brilliantly named Retina displays, but when do we reach the point that we lowly humans can no longer see an improvement. There has to be physiological limit there somewhere.
13 weeks 1 day ago
- Apparently Sheryl Sandberg’s Lean In organization is looking for an unpaid intern to work there. Ms. Sandberg made a measly $92,000,000, but you know, times are tough, so there isn’t enough left over to pay some intern $10 an hour.
16 weeks 5 days ago
- Select Search from the Charms bar, then click Settings and type “power.” In the results, select “Choose what the Power buttons do” > “Change settings that are currently unavailable” > Shutdown Settings. In Shutdown Settings, check “Hibernate: Show in Power Menu.” Save the changes, and you should have the Hibernate choice available.
18 weeks 17 hours ago
- How do I change the appearance of a digital signature in Adobe Acrobat X?
18 weeks 18 hours ago
- I guess I would say that Black Hat is much more of a corporate, business oriented event. A lot of attendees are security professionals hawking their wares and glad-handing in the pursuit of more business.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- Can a VoIP telephone network share a T1 with data traffic, or does it need a dedicated T1?
19 weeks 9 hours ago
- landon asks What’s the advantages/disadvantages between an upgrade installation vs a full installation of Windows Server?When upgrading to Windows Server 2012 from Server 2008, are there any advantages to performing a full installation instead of an upgrade install?
20 weeks 5 days ago
- It sounds like (no pun intended) you may need to change your sounds settings in your control panel. When you are in sound settings with the HDMI cable connected, there should be an option to choose HDMI. Give that a try. There is a change that you may need to look at the sound settings on your TV.
21 weeks 5 days ago
- Apparently a significant security risk has been found in Android devices going all the way back to version 1.6. According to the folks at Bluebox security that found it, the flaw can be used to completely take over your Android phone, access passwords, and do lots of other unsavory things.
22 weeks 4 days ago
- It sounds fishy, but hard to say whether you are being ripped off or not. What I can say is that a quick google search turned up lots of complaints about iyogi. Maybe that’s just the nature of that type of business, or maybe it’s iyogi specifically, I don’t know. It seems like a lot of money to pay though.
23 weeks 4 days ago
- landon asks Will the acquisition of MakerBot by Stratasys speed consumer market penetration of 3D printing?It’s always a bit of a Kabuki dance when two companies merge, sometimes with positive results, sometimes not. Think this merger bring 3D printing into widespread adoption?
24 weeks 6 days ago
- No, Apple says only iPhone 4 and newer will support iOS 7. That’s officially anyway. I'm much more familiar with Android, but we root our phones and install versions of Andoid that "won't work" all the time. I'd consider jailbreaking it and giving it a try before you retire it.
25 weeks 6 days ago
- I like to read in bed on my Nexus 7 tablet, and to a lesser degree my phone. Problem is that the light from the display annoys my girlfriend and keeps her from falling asleep, and if I turn the brightness down, it becomes hard to read. How do you switch it so that the background would be black and the text white for nighttime reading?
26 weeks 18 hours ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.