- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Just say “open paren” and “close paren” and it should work. I personally like to overly e-nun-ci-ate so I sound like a robot, but that part is most likely optional...unless you have a friend that hates when you do it and she comes into your office regularly.
8 weeks 2 days ago
- I know now that Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 is up next for the chopping block. How long until Microsoft ends support for it too?
8 weeks 3 days ago
- I’m not sure I understand your question. Maybe this article on WAN and SDN orchestration can be of help to you though.
38 weeks 20 hours ago
- There is no question that Hadoop is hot. It is a Java based system, so you should have familiarity with Java. There is a fairly comprehensive Hadoop tutorial on Yahoo that should give you a basic overview of what it can do, and what you need to be able to do. Good luck. http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/index.html
1 year 9 weeks ago
- I had been using the included Windows Firewall, but for some reason it has not been working properly and I don't know how to resolve it. What's another decent choice for a Windows 7 firewall? Free, preferably.
1 year 21 weeks ago
- End users probably won't notice anything, unless your service provider drops the ball. There is a page that Google has set up to let you check to see if your ISP has made the switch over. http://ipv6test.google.com/
2 years 12 weeks ago
- There has not been an IPO that has generated the same sort of buzz as Facebook in quite a while. Sure there was Zynga (or as I like to think of it, Pets.com-ville). Are the people jumping on the Facebook train getting on early for a long and profitable ride, or did they just buy tix on a trip to financial nowhere?
2 years 15 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.