- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: June 2011
Areas of Interest:
- Just say “open paren” and “close paren” and it should work. I personally like to overly e-nun-ci-ate so I sound like a robot, but that part is most likely optional...unless you have a friend that hates when you do it and she comes into your office regularly.
12 weeks 3 days ago
- I know now that Microsoft has ended support for Windows XP, Windows Server 2003 is up next for the chopping block. How long until Microsoft ends support for it too?
12 weeks 4 days ago
- I’m not sure I understand your question. Maybe this article on WAN and SDN orchestration can be of help to you though.
42 weeks 1 day ago
- There is no question that Hadoop is hot. It is a Java based system, so you should have familiarity with Java. There is a fairly comprehensive Hadoop tutorial on Yahoo that should give you a basic overview of what it can do, and what you need to be able to do. Good luck. http://developer.yahoo.com/hadoop/tutorial/index.html
1 year 13 weeks ago
- I had been using the included Windows Firewall, but for some reason it has not been working properly and I don't know how to resolve it. What's another decent choice for a Windows 7 firewall? Free, preferably.
1 year 25 weeks ago
- End users probably won't notice anything, unless your service provider drops the ball. There is a page that Google has set up to let you check to see if your ISP has made the switch over. http://ipv6test.google.com/
2 years 16 weeks ago
- There has not been an IPO that has generated the same sort of buzz as Facebook in quite a while. Sure there was Zynga (or as I like to think of it, Pets.com-ville). Are the people jumping on the Facebook train getting on early for a long and profitable ride, or did they just buy tix on a trip to financial nowhere?
2 years 19 weeks ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.