- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- According for Mozilla, one of the common causes for this is that the update page accidentally gets saved as the homepage, so that’s what you would see each time you open the browser.
1 day 18 hours ago
- It looks like it will be universal, but it isn’t mandatory.
1 day 18 hours ago
- You can use Picasa if you already have it installed. It’s very rudimentary, but you can do what you need to do. It works better with some formats that others. A better option would be VLC Player, which is free and open source.
1 week 2 days ago
- The vulnerability has been found in some Cisco and Juniper products. http://www.foxbusiness.com/technology/2014/04/11/cisco-juniper-warn-heartbleed-bug-in-network-products/
1 week 2 days ago
- Save those tax refunds, kids! For one day only, April 15, you too can be a Google Glass Explorer...for the low, low price of $1,499.99999999. The Verge posted a link to an internal Google memo about this.
1 week 2 days ago
- Obviously both are voice command operated “personal assistants,” but do they do different things beyond the fact that one works on Apple iPhones and one working on Windows phones?
1 week 4 days ago
- How can I add a background image to an Excel 2007 worksheet?
5 weeks 2 days ago
- LolaBelle answers Re: Why is Google opposed to dual boot Windows/Android devices, and can they stop them?Google has two OSes, Android and Chrome, and Android is meant to be the mobile OS, not the laptop OS. Android on a laptop muddies things up more than Google wants.
5 weeks 6 days ago
- I have suddenly started having error messages pop up telling me that there is “Runtime error R6016. Not enough space for runtime data.” What is causing this and what should I do? I am using a Compaq notebook with Windows 7.
6 weeks 3 days ago
- What are the main things that can be avoided/done to help laptops last longer and save on laptop replacements and repairs? Laptops, on average, don’t survive nearly as long as desktops at my company. Replacing them adds up pretty quickly, as does repairing them, which is not nearly as cheap or easy as repairing a desktop.
6 weeks 6 days ago
- How much longer will Apple make the iPad 2? I think it’s pretty amazing that it has been around as long as it has without any significant changes, but there has to be an end at some point.
9 weeks 2 days ago
- I was surprised to hear that Windows Phone darlings Nokia are reportedly releasing an Android phone. It seems like a pretty crowded marketplace already, but Nokia does have a lot of experience, and even though I’m not a Windows Phone user, some of the Nokias are pretty sweet.
9 weeks 5 days ago
- Are there any studies or surveys that indicate which IT positions are projected to be in greater demand in 2014?
12 weeks 2 days ago
- Plug in your flash drive. Go to Control Panel and select System and Security. In the System and Security window, click Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management (Under Storage). All the drives on your PC will be visible to the right.
22 weeks 5 days ago
- Can I change the auto-save interval in MS Word to make it shorter? I just finished rewriting a block of text thanks to a momentary power loss in my building. Annoying!
22 weeks 6 days ago
- Price would be a major advantage, but if you buy most off the shelf computers, they already have Windows installed so you have already incurred the cost. Security would also be an advantage - aside from the different architecture of Ubuntu, there just isn’t that large of an install base to make it worthwhile for most bad guys to target.
24 weeks 5 days ago
- How can you use Word to translate a document that was written in a different language?
28 weeks 5 days ago
- I’ve forgotten a few time, with no ill effects that I’ve noticed, but why should I (presumably) use “safely remove hardware” before unplugging a USB drive from a Windows PC?
30 weeks 3 days ago
- LolaBelle asks How can I use landscape and portrait layout for different pages in the same Word document?When I try to insert a landscape page for a report with the other pages in portrait layout, it changes everything to landscape or the pagination gets all messed up. What’s the right way to insert these pages in Word?
32 weeks 3 days ago
- How do I get to the Store menu in iTunes 11 so that I can authorize my new PC to play my music?
33 weeks 2 days ago
- There was a question last week here on IT World about the new 2013 Nexus 7 having GPS issues, and then I read today about problems with pinch to zoom not working properly on Maps. I was thinking of getting one, it seems like a lot of hardware for the dollar, but I don’t want to get a piece of junk. How widespread are these issues?
35 weeks 5 days ago
- If you turn off autoplay for when media is inserted, is there a way to override it “just this once” and make it autoplay when you insert the media without going into the control panel and hardware settings?
36 weeks 2 days ago
- I’d say the laptop would be better, mainly because of the keyboard and screen size. A significant part of college is writing papers, and while you certainly can do that on a tablet, it isn’t the ideal tool. You can add an accessory keyboard, and if you son really, really wants to go the iPad route I would consider that a mandatory purchase.
37 weeks 2 days ago
- LolaBelle answers Re: Trying to connect an external monitor to a mac running windows and it does not workI haven’t experienced this personally, but I think it is something that a lot of people have issues with. Other than ensuring you have the necessary drivers installed and updated, I can’t think of a lot. There was a similar issue discussed in the Apple Support Communities : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3883750?start=0&tstart=0
37 weeks 5 days ago
- One of my friends installed a VoIP system in her small business after AT&T increased her phone service rate by 300%. However, she is having problems getting her credit card machine to work with it; She consistently gets an error when it tries to send.
37 weeks 6 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.