- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
- Plug in your flash drive. Go to Control Panel and select System and Security. In the System and Security window, click Administrative Tools>Computer Management>Disk Management (Under Storage). All the drives on your PC will be visible to the right.
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Can I change the auto-save interval in MS Word to make it shorter? I just finished rewriting a block of text thanks to a momentary power loss in my building. Annoying!
4 weeks 15 min ago
- Price would be a major advantage, but if you buy most off the shelf computers, they already have Windows installed so you have already incurred the cost. Security would also be an advantage - aside from the different architecture of Ubuntu, there just isn’t that large of an install base to make it worthwhile for most bad guys to target.
5 weeks 5 days ago
- How can you use Word to translate a document that was written in a different language?
9 weeks 6 days ago
- I’ve forgotten a few time, with no ill effects that I’ve noticed, but why should I (presumably) use “safely remove hardware” before unplugging a USB drive from a Windows PC?
11 weeks 3 days ago
- LolaBelle asks How can I use landscape and portrait layout for different pages in the same Word document?When I try to insert a landscape page for a report with the other pages in portrait layout, it changes everything to landscape or the pagination gets all messed up. What’s the right way to insert these pages in Word?
13 weeks 4 days ago
- How do I get to the Store menu in iTunes 11 so that I can authorize my new PC to play my music?
14 weeks 3 days ago
- There was a question last week here on IT World about the new 2013 Nexus 7 having GPS issues, and then I read today about problems with pinch to zoom not working properly on Maps. I was thinking of getting one, it seems like a lot of hardware for the dollar, but I don’t want to get a piece of junk. How widespread are these issues?
16 weeks 5 days ago
- If you turn off autoplay for when media is inserted, is there a way to override it “just this once” and make it autoplay when you insert the media without going into the control panel and hardware settings?
17 weeks 2 days ago
- I’d say the laptop would be better, mainly because of the keyboard and screen size. A significant part of college is writing papers, and while you certainly can do that on a tablet, it isn’t the ideal tool. You can add an accessory keyboard, and if you son really, really wants to go the iPad route I would consider that a mandatory purchase.
18 weeks 3 days ago
- LolaBelle answers Re: Trying to connect an external monitor to a mac running windows and it does not workI haven’t experienced this personally, but I think it is something that a lot of people have issues with. Other than ensuring you have the necessary drivers installed and updated, I can’t think of a lot. There was a similar issue discussed in the Apple Support Communities : https://discussions.apple.com/thread/3883750?start=0&tstart=0
18 weeks 5 days ago
- One of my friends installed a VoIP system in her small business after AT&T increased her phone service rate by 300%. However, she is having problems getting her credit card machine to work with it; She consistently gets an error when it tries to send.
18 weeks 6 days ago
- I wonder what most people think of the guy who leaked NSA surveillance techniques used on the American people. I suspect either way, many more people have started giving their personal privacy significantly more thought.
20 weeks 6 days ago
- LolaBelle asks How can I fix incorrect video categories with the XBox Video application in Windows 8?It seems like the Xbox Video app in Windows 8 just tosses a lot of videos in the “other” category when filing them away. I have tried to find a way to correct this so I don’t have a library full of “other” videos (instead of movies in the movies category, for example), but I haven’t figured out how to change the video type for the files.
20 weeks 6 days ago
- I have an SD card that stopped being recognized. I tried it on 2 different laptops to make sure it wasn’t a problem with the card reader. The card isn’t obviously damaged, but I can’t see or access the contents. Is there a way to try to get the data that was on the card?
21 weeks 3 days ago
- Is there a way to disable the function in Word that automatically returns you to the last place your cursor was in a document?
22 weeks 3 days ago
- If you look at the status bar, there is a number that indicates the number of co-authors. If you click on the number a pop-up will show a list of all the co-authors.
22 weeks 3 days ago
- LolaBelle asks Does Microsoft Security Essentials provide good protection, or is third party antivirus software necessary?How good is Microsoft Security Essentials? Is that all you need to adequately protect a PC, or should other antivirus software be installed?
23 weeks 3 days ago
- I work in an extremely humid environment where it is common to see 80%+ relative humidity in the summer. Air conditioning takes care of it during the workweek, but on weekends it is scaled back to save money. What humidity level should we aim for to make sure our PCs are not negatively affected when left for the weekend?
23 weeks 6 days ago
- I’m a point and click gal, so almost any decent inkjet is good enough for me. Here is some advice from actual photographers, who also favor dye-sub printers. Hope it helps. http://www.dpreview.com/articles/1690328781/printer-primer-1-choosing-a-...
24 weeks 6 days ago
- I’m trying to get in a little better shape for the summer, and thought about giving one of the new wearable fitness trackers a try. There may be others out there, but the only ones I’ve heard much about are the Nike Fuelband and Fitbit Flex.
25 weeks 5 hours ago
- Lately it seems that everytime I try to watch YouTube on my Nexus 7 Android tablet, I eventually get an error message saying, "There was a problem playing. Touch to retry." My WiFi can be dodgy at home, so I took it into the office today to see if that was the issue. Nope, even with a screaming fast WiFi connection, I got the same message.
25 weeks 4 days ago
- I am considering getting a Samsung Galaxy Victory, which looks to be a decent mid-range android phone, for significantly less money than an S3 or S4. One of the things that is different than the higher end devices, presumably to save money, is the display is LCD instead of AMOLED. Is this a big deal?
26 weeks 3 days ago
26 weeks 3 days ago
26 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 2
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.