- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: February 2014
Areas of Interest:
- What is the expected service life of tape drives? Is there a way to determine a time to failure?
4 weeks 16 hours ago
- Flash memory is generally stable and reliable, but nothing last forever. How long does flash memory last before it becomes unstable? Is this purely a function of read/write cycles or does simple passage of time also play a role?
7 weeks 1 day ago
- I think making changes to the registry is asking for trouble in most cases. Sure, it can be done, but I view registry cleaners as more of a cause of problems than a source for improvements, especially when people don't really understand what they are doing. Should it ever be done by the “average” user, or is the registry best left alone?
10 weeks 3 days ago
- It is really neat, I’ve seen it on an iPhone before. Basically you can set up all kinds of different activities to happen automatically if a precursor event occurs to trigger it. For example, I was just looking at the “recipes” on the IFTTT website, and some of the things you can do are:
21 weeks 21 hours ago
- Here is a list of the various laws, but since they are statutes, it will probably require some skill is statutory construction to fully understand. Still, it should give you an idea of each states requirements, and if you have any concerns about exposure to liability, you should contact an attorney with experience in this area.
21 weeks 1 day ago
- You are probably going to have to uninstall and reinstall the software. Make sure to use the AVG removal tool, don’t just go into your control panel and click uninstall; that will not fully uninstall it. After you run AVG Remover, reinstall the software and make sure it’s updated.
21 weeks 1 day ago
- Right now a lot of other countries are more concerned about the US destroying online freedom than anyone else, and if even a fourth of what Edward Snowden revealed is true, they have a point. You are hearing political talking points and speculation, not facts.
23 weeks 3 days ago
- You have to use either Chrome OS or the Crome browser to use Drive offline. It requires a few steps to set up, and then you will be good to go. Here are the instructions from Google:
24 weeks 1 day ago
- Skype is kind of like those old roach motels - you can check in, but you never check out. Honestly, there is no way to delete a skype account. The best you can do is fill in the blanks on your profile with gibberish. You can’t even erase your info and leave it blank, it won’t allow that.
24 weeks 1 day ago
- There are a couple websites that you can use to verify that another site is up. http://isup.me/ is probably the easiest to remember (is up or me).
24 weeks 6 days ago
- Can Ukrainian be added to the Surface RT? A friend of mine is a freelance journalist who speaks Ukrainian (and Serbian and Russian) and she would like to be able to add it to her Surface for easier communication with some of her acquaintances in Ukraine for an article she is writing.
26 weeks 5 days ago
- I’m attracted to Office 365 instead of continuing to use traditional software based Office. The overall cost should be lower, and it is quicker and easier to scale a cloud based service than it is to purchase and physically install additional software.
28 weeks 5 days ago
- I have a slightly older version of Android on my phone, 4.1. One of the big improvements of Android 4.3 was supposed to be trim support. What am I missing out on? What does trimming do to improve the OS’s performance?
31 weeks 3 days ago
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.