- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: October 2012
Melanie Pinola is a freelance writer covering all things tech-related. A former IT admin and occasional web developer, she is also the author of LinkedIn in 30 Minutes, a Lifehacker editor, and the Guide to Mobile Office Tech at About.com.
- Melanie Pinola wrote Get a free year of ShopRunner 2-day shipping with an Amex credit card (save $79)ShopRunner is like Amazon Prime membership, but for more stores, incl. Newegg and Toys R US. And free is hard to beat.
2 days 22 hours ago
- Google has unleashed a host of impressive new features for Android, Chrome, Google+, Search, and Maps
4 days 2 hours ago
- Amazon's virtual currency is a way to save on Android app purchases
6 days 7 hours ago
- Installing more RAM is one of the easiest, least expensive upgrades you can do. But it's not always worth it.
1 week 2 days ago
- You too can search like a spy.
1 week 3 days ago
- 90% of passwords are vulnerable to hacking, according to risk-management firm Deloitte. Is yours one of them?
1 week 5 days ago
- Connect these online storage options to Microsoft Office as alternatives to SkyDrive
1 week 6 days ago
- Need to quickly mount an ISO file in Windows 7 or earlier? Here's a tool from Microsoft
2 weeks 3 days ago
- Melanie Pinola wrote The companies that protect your data from the government (and the ones that don't)Twitter, Google, and Microsoft: Good. Apple, Verizon, and Yahoo: Bad.
2 weeks 4 days ago
- Google's know-what-you-want-before-you-search-for-it app is finally on iOS
2 weeks 6 days ago
- Google Drive is finally rolling out automatic offline access. Here's how to enable it.
3 weeks 2 days ago
- You can learn almost anything with these free audio and video courses
3 weeks 4 days ago
3 weeks 5 days ago
- CrashPlan is one of the best services for unlimited online backup, which makes this freebie hard to pass up
3 weeks 6 days ago
- Microsoft left out Hibernate from the power options, but you can add it back
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Thousands of WordPress blogs have been compromised so far. Don't let that happen to yours.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Melanie Pinola wrote Microsoft to Windows 7 users: Uninstall a security update from this week's Patch TuesdayOne of the latest security updates is causing fatal system errors, so you should block it
5 weeks 2 days ago
- Shodan is basically "Google for hackers," exposing all the devices connected to the internet
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Microsoft has begun the countdown to ending support for these old versions of Windows and Office
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Troubleshooting secret codes for Samsung, HTC, Motorola, and other devices
6 weeks 2 days ago
- A workaround from Microsoft reconnects Google Calendar and Windows 8
6 weeks 3 days ago
- It's one of the best new features in Windows 8, but you have to turn it on
6 weeks 5 days ago
- The Google Reader replacement is faster, has a more compact view, and highlights your "must reads"
6 weeks 6 days ago
- Hands-free reading built into the iPhone and iPad
8 weeks 2 days ago
- CISPA, in a word, sucks. This list of agencies that can get your personally identifiable information under this bill is deeply concerning.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 4
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.