- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: October 2012
Melanie Pinola is a freelance writer covering all things tech-related. A former IT admin and occasional web developer, she is also the author of LinkedIn in 30 Minutes, a Lifehacker editor, and the Guide to Mobile Office Tech at About.com.
- Change this one setting to protect your passwords as much as possible
14 hours 39 min ago
- Normally a $2,400 course, Intro to Linux will be free this summer on EdX
3 days 12 hours ago
- Did you even know this existed?
4 days 12 hours ago
- Melanie Pinola wrote 95 percent of ATMs run Windows XP. Here's everything you need to know about the security threatMost of the world's money machines run on software that will soon no longer get updates, but don't panic (maybe)
6 days 12 hours ago
- Talking is faster than typing
1 week 9 hours ago
- Spoiler alert: Bing Rewards
1 week 4 days ago
- Don't like the updated, sparser new tab page? No worries
1 week 6 days ago
- An easier way to navigate Microsoft's online office suite
2 weeks 14 hours ago
- 34 lucky cities could soon have gigabit internet speeds
2 weeks 5 days ago
- By default, it's not very helpful
2 weeks 6 days ago
- It's not about just learning which buttons to press
3 weeks 4 days ago
- Video streaming seems to be awry for Comcast and Verizon FiOS customers
3 weeks 6 days ago
- 34 email servers have been hacked, potentially leaving user info vulnerable
4 weeks 16 hours ago
- In case you missed it
4 weeks 3 days ago
- Learn these time-saving shortcuts for Mac and Windows
4 weeks 4 days ago
- If you're thinking of moving, this interactive map can show you where to go
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Melanie Pinola wrote The 10 jobs with a 99 percent likelihood of being automated in the next couple of decadesThe robots are coming...
5 weeks 10 hours ago
- Drag-n-drop, baby
5 weeks 4 days ago
- Don't scroll screen by screen. A simple search lists all your iOS apps
5 weeks 6 days ago
- Google may have dismissed this threat, but you can still protect against it
6 weeks 14 hours ago
- But don't include the address if you want to hide something embarrassing
6 weeks 3 days ago
- We're all probably guilty of at least one of these
6 weeks 5 days ago
- The company removed Tor from over 2 million systems. Wait, what?
6 weeks 6 days ago
- For the first time, "password" doesn't top the list. The new worst password, however, isn't much better.
7 weeks 11 hours ago
- It's no secret developers make iPhone and iPad apps before Android and other mobile apps. Here are the reasons.
7 weeks 3 days ago
- 1 of 10
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.