- Core IT
- Business & Money
- Personal Tech
Member since: August 2009
Bio: Mike Elgan is a Silicon Valley-based columnist, writer, speaker and blogger who specializes in the most complex part of any machine: the user.
Areas of Interest:
- The trolling problem is getting serious. Here's how to remove trolls from your online life forever.
5 days 10 hours ago
- Besides, is it really 'identity' if they don't really care who you are?
1 week 3 days ago
- The humble lockscreen is about to become the most important interface on your smartphone, says columnist Mike Elgan.
4 weeks 5 days ago
- Columnist Mike Elgan tested a smartwatch with Android Wear and said he has experienced a culture-changing platform.
7 weeks 5 days ago
- Amazon launched a new smartphone this week. It's called the Amazon Fire phone, and it sports some unique hardware, software and services.
8 weeks 3 days ago
- Suddenly, the industry woke up to the reality that we can't always get connected to the Internet.
12 weeks 5 days ago
- Don't be fooled: The FCC chairman's plan is to profit big ISPs at the expense of everyone else.
13 weeks 5 days ago
- Facebook's 'Anonymous Login' is about neither anonymity nor logging in. It's about creating scarcity in the market for user data.
15 weeks 5 days ago
- In the past few years, the public has been confronted with hitherto unimaginable levels of personal privacy invasions.
17 weeks 3 days ago
- Prediction: The tech industry's aggressive push to give every feature its own app will drive a pandemic of app fatigue.
18 weeks 5 days ago
- The concept sounds simultaneously futuristic and bizarre. But mark my words: You'll get one. And sooner than you think.
22 weeks 5 days ago
- The world of fast food is getting faster -- and redefining the future of mobile payments. Just look at what Taco Bell and Chipotle are doing.
26 weeks 5 days ago
- A new app for Google Glass seems trivial, but it represents the future of wearable computing.
27 weeks 5 days ago
- Google is selling Motorola to Lenovo. The deal makes Google better, Lenovo bigger and Motorola gets a new lease on life.
28 weeks 5 days ago
- Just because you're paranoid doesn't mean your mobile apps aren't out to get you.
36 weeks 5 days ago
- If you love food, and want to share your passion online, do it right. Here's how.
37 weeks 5 days ago
- Paying for things with our phones takes a backseat to innovative new debit cards.
38 weeks 5 days ago
- The future was supposed to be automated and computerized. But it turns out that automation is creating demand for the human element.
40 weeks 5 days ago
- A thriving industry of paid-for user comments pollutes social networks with fake opinions. Let the reader beware.
42 weeks 5 days ago
- Or maybe you suffer from sleep texting or glass eye. Welcome to a new world of mobile maladies
43 weeks 5 days ago
- Mike Elgan traveled over three continents in the past 18 months and has these tips for staying connected, keeping powered up and protecting your valuable gadgets from theft.
44 weeks 5 days ago
- San Francisco residents live in an alternate universe where they can go online and do things that most of us can't do -- yet.
46 weeks 3 days ago
- Apple's iBeacons system will enable purchases, contextual marketing, automated check-ins and much more. And it's closer than you think.
48 weeks 5 days ago
- The tech industry has been promising apps that interrupt us with important contextual information for two years. So where are they?
50 weeks 5 days ago
- In the future, phones, tablets and wearable computing gadgets won't come with chargers -- they'll use inductive chargers built into desks, kitchen counters, bedside tables, cars and other surfaces.
51 weeks 5 days ago
- 1 of 3
Follow other ITworld members or sign in with your Facebook account in order to view your friends' activity.