September 26, 2008, 9:37 AM — Say, what would be a good way to send you into your weekend? No doubt a quick review of grumblings and rumors involving the iPhone and its ancillary media empire!
- Interesting variations being imposed on the iPhone in China: China Mobile reported wants a version of the iPhone that doesn't have 3G or Wi-Fi, to prevent people from unlocking the phone and moving to the company's main rival. Meanwhile, you can get an unlocked iPhone, from Apple, right now! The catch: you need to get it in Hong Kong.
- Meanwhile, Apple's capricious moves in banning App Store apps will drive developers away! Or maybe not?
- As market leaders are wont to do, the iTunes Store is earning a host of new enemies, including Amazon, MySpace, and ... AC/DC? Oh, man, you do not want to aggravate AC/DC.
- The iPod has become such a part of the collective consciousness that Oracle is using it as a reference point for their new database appliance. (Check out the caption on the graphic in the linked article if you think that nobody at the Wall Street Journal has a sense of humor.)
- Google Android is awesome, the iPhone is doomed, blah blah blah.
- Meanwhile, is Apple cooking up some kind of super-tiny full-scale handheld Mac thingie that will make me regret my iPhone purchase? It's fun to think about for the next few weeks, anyway!