August 12, 2011, 12:55 PM — Windows Phone 7 is a growing mobile platform and that means more apps. A larger number of apps is great for Windows Phone 7 users.
Here's how you can manage your apps and app downloads.
1. When downloading apps, use the Check Install button to see the progress of your download.
2. Be sure to use Wi-Fi when downloading large games.
3. Use Pin to Start to pin apps you really like to the Start screen. Tap and hold the app's icon until you see a menu then choose Pin to Start.
4. Help other users by reviewing apps. Open the apps list, tap and hold the app. Choose Rate and Review from the menu.
5. To remove an app from the Start screen just tap and hold the tile, then tap the "Unpin" icon in the top-right corner.
6. To delete an app from your Windows 7 Phone completely, open the apps list and find the app. Then tap and hold the icon, and choose Uninstall.
Windows Phone 7 Tips & Tricks: Managing Apps | Device Magazine