April 17, 2012, 5:51 PM — Here's how you can run Microsoft Windows operating system on Apple's iPad tablet.
In order to run Windows on the iPad, you'll need to use special software that lets it run. Here are four ways you can run Windows on the iPad, along with the official description of each product. Click the name of each product to download it in iTunes.
OnLive® Desktop is a service that provides a seamless, no-compromise, instant-response cloud-based PC desktop, wherever and whenever you want it. OnLive brings to your iPad a high-performance PC experience, regardless of the content, even when interacting with fast-action media.
• Instantly view, edit and create documents using actual Microsoft® Office Word, Excel and PowerPoint
• Easily transfer files between OnLive Desktop and other devices
• Experience high-performance, instant-response PC applications
• Interact with lag-free animation and video
Based on groundbreaking video compression technology, OnLive harnesses the power of cloud computing to deliver a seamless, no-compromise remote PC desktop solution.
Are you still controlling the Metro UI with a mouse and keyboard? Stop! You deserve a better user experience. Splashtop is the ONLY app that allows you to experience the TRUE Windows 8 Metro UI on your iPad.
Now with Splashtop, you can enjoy native Win 8 Metro touch gestures:
- Swipe from the right for the Charms menu
- Swipe from the left to switch apps
- Pull down from the top to close the app
- Swipe slowly from the left to run two apps side-by-side
- Pinch to do Semantic Zoom
- And many more gestures for you to explore!
If you are a new tech enthusiast, this app is the easiest way to try out the latest Windows platform. You can even make your own YouTube video to share your Win 8 Metro experience with the world.
If your company uses Citrix to host applications, you can use Citrix Receiver to check your email, review documents, tune into project dashboards, and approve expenses from your iPad or any other device. Just ask your help desk for the URL to set up Receiver.
If your company doesn’t use Citrix yet, you can still install Citrix Receiver and try a demo of virtual environments (http://citrixcloud.net/).
What you can do with Citrix Receiver:
• Access your applications and Windows desktop at your office, home, or on the road
• Keep your information stored on your provider’s secure servers, not on your device
• Move from desktop to tablet to smartphone