December 26, 2012, 2:38 PM — Here's how you can download the iBooks app free for your iPad, iPhone, iPad mini or iPod Touch.
Download the iBooks App Free From iTunes
1. Go to the iBooks app preview page in iTunes.
2. Click the View in iTunes button.
3. Click the Free button to download the app.
4. Sync your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini with iTunes to install the iBooks app.
Download the iBooks App Free From the iOS App Store
1. Open the App Store on your iPad, iPhone, iPod Touch or iPad mini.
2. Search for "iBooks" (without the quotes).
3. Tap the Free button to download the app and install it on your iOS device.
Here's a description and screenshot of iBooks for iOS devices:
"Books is an amazing way to download and read books. iBooks includes the iBookstore, where you can download the latest bestselling books
or your favorite classics – day or night. Browse your library on a beautiful bookshelf, tap a book to open it, flip through pages with a swipe or a
tap, and bookmark or add notes to your favorite passages
• Download best-sellers and classic books from the iBookstore
• Find fully illustrated books, including children's picture books, designed art books, photo books, cook books, and more in the iBookstore
• Experience gorgeous fullscreen Multi-Touch books designed for iPad.