January 03, 2013, 4:45 PM — Here's how you can download the Bible app free for Android devices.
1. Go to the Google Play page for the free app Bible.
2. Tap the Install button.
Here's a description of Bible:
"Read, listen to, and share God’s Word with the #1 rated Bible App. All free.
On more than 70 million devices all over the world, people are reading, listening to, and sharing the Bible using the #1 rated Bible App—completely free. Hundreds of Bible versions, hundreds of reading plans, dozens of languages. Add your own highlights, bookmarks, and public or private notes. Customize your reading experience. Access everything when you’re connected, or download specific versions for offline use.
READ THE BIBLE
* Set your Bible App’s interface for your choice of more than 30 languages.
* Easily select from hundreds of Bible versions, in nearly 150 languages.
* Choose from popular versions like the NIV, NASB, ESV, NKJV, NLT, KJV, The Message, and more.
* Offline Bibles: Read even without network access.
* Listen to audio Bibles as you do other tasks. (Audio Bibles not downloadable.)
STUDY THE BIBLE
* Hundreds of reading plans: Devotionals, topical plans, portions of the Bible, or the whole thing.
* Many reading plans are even available in multiple languages.
* You’ll find devotionals, as well as plans that lead you through specific topics, portions of the Bible, or even the entire Bible.
* Search the Bible using keywords.
CUSTOMIZE YOUR BIBLE
* Highlight with custom colors—just like a paper Bible.
* Share verses with friends using social networks, email, or SMS (text).
* Bookmark passages: Share, memorize, or just keep track of your favorites.
* Add notes to passages: Keep them private so only you can see them, or make them public to share with friends.
* With a free YouVersion account, see all of your notes, highlights, bookmarks, and reading plans on any supported device.
* Read easier with settings like fonts, text size, and contrast for bright or low-light conditions."